Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking I have to go with a Witch. Just the black robe, hat, striped socks and a little broom. I don't want to get any make up on her yet, however next year's a different story. I've told my wife that she can dress her anyway she wants the rest of the year, but that Halloween she's all mine. Anyone else dressed their little ladies up as anything good, cute & spooky in the past?

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Ghost. Simple sheet and a hood, it makes changings easy.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the idea of the lil ghost, yet I can see her wiggin' out. I may give it a shot though and have a sheet ready to go in case she digs it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yes, I had friends who dressed their baby as little red riding hood! And her dad was the wolf! Very cute.

Or...how about a pumpkin? Always, classic and cute. :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
I dk if u r interested in (store) bought clothes..but cracker barrel has the cutest costume..its a bumble-bee....i think it was 24.99? if my dd would wear it thats what she would b this year!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some great ideas, and to be honest she really digs all the above mentioned animals, especially the monkey. I know those are all cute, and I will probably opt for cute over the spooky. But I'm still going to see if I could get her to be both. It is Halloween after all. But on the other hand, she would be the cutest bee ever. This is very hard. Going to be easier to ghoul her up as she gets a little older. Thanks much everybody....

·
Registered
914 Posts
Do consider her being comfy enough to keep it on, like not covering her face. I don't know how cold it will be where you are, but make sure her costume is warm all over.
When mine was 1 she wore a black sweat shirt and sweat pants with skeleton bones design. Looked great and she was warm (plus wore pj's underneath).
When she was 2 she was in a cat outfit, which was warm, hooded and again layered underneath.
Here in Minnesota it can be freezing on Halloween so I have to think of it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
When my son was almost 1, we dressed him up in the shark costume from babystyle (looks like they are out of business now?!). Everybody thought he was adorable, until they saw the severed arm we had him carrying around. Ha!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
At 18 months they really don't know what's going on. We had our youngest, Vickie, in a plush Pumpkin suit when she was about 2 1/2. She was very heavily photographed that year, as I recall.

How's your little one with live maggots stuck to her face?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will have to pass on the maggot mask, but I may try that on my wife. As far as any mask goes, she wont even let us put barrettes in her hair, or a hat. needless to say there will be no mask this year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Try a Little Spooky Bat Costume: Just get a black hooded sweatshirt and pants; add wings to the underside of the sleeves and big ears to head. You can make the wings partially transparent with choice of fabric- or glittery- or whatever a lil' spooky girl might fancy. It's still convenient for changing diapers and safe to wear. Cute and Creepy in its simplicity. Have fun deciding and post pictures of the baby ghoul! Have a Happy Halloween!

·
Registered
148 Posts
i just posted this in another spot a minute ago as a suggestion but i dressed my daughter at that age as a red crayon i had her wear red pants and a red turtle neck along with a "fabric tube" that had crayon written on it. the tube i made out of red fabric with arm holes cut out to wear like a smock and glue the seam in the back of that sucker. the hat was made with cardboard covered in the same red fabric and with red ribbon ties glued in to hold it on.
a couple of years later when my nephew was that age he was dressed as a tube of toothpaste same concept different color fabric and a small pleated lampshade with ribbons glued in to hold it in place....hope it helps :}

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There's no deterring my daughter this year from being what she wants, and what she wants is to be Dorothy! I've already ordered the dress and we have the ruby red shoes. I've also been forced, by a two year old girl, into being the scarecrow, my wife the witch. (The bad witch of course.) Will be an awesome Halloween, in our first house, in a new city...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts