Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son (4) wants to be a brain for Halloween and my daughter (8) wants to be jello. Beyond my initial wtf response...I am really at a loss. Does anyone have some ideas?

·
Registered
93 Posts
For the brain the first thing that comes to my brain is paper mache. Maybe make the form out of thin chicken coop wire and then go over that with paper. Cut a hole in the top, bend the wires over, and make sure to reinforce the opening well so wire doesn't cut his neck. You can have foam inside that goes on his shoulders.

For Jello, good luck with that. Only thing I can think is a box of Jello, how you would make actual Jello I have no idea. A box of Jello would be easy of course. Maybe you could work on your Bill Cosby impression to go with. =)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Jello: I think it would need to be coloured, transparent plastic sheets on some sort of frame. Maybe chicken wire. Or a hula hoop with straps over the shoulder that moves a bit. Sounds like a real challenge however you do it!

Brain: There are loads of tutorials on YouTube for brain props so a head piece would be easy enough. I agree that paper mache would be your best bet. Just take those tutorials and scale them up so you can strap a brain on his back. Extra points for getting his legs to look like a spinal column.

Good luck!

·
Registered
239 Posts
the jello you could do with a white hula hoop and white elastic as shoulder straps.
you can order rolls of colored mylar on amazon, i think, so she could be whatever flavour she wants. or if your local joanns has colored plastic in the upholstery section, you could use that.
if she wants fruits in, you could print out big pix and tape them inside with clear packing tape. :D

a brain... a human brain? you could get foam pool noodles and slice them into sections long-ways and hot glue them onto a lightweight fabric in a brain-like pattern, and spray paint it pink. then water down some red acrylic paints and pain in the grooves between the noodles for depth. heck, you could use a hula hoop and elastic straps for his base frame too, just use a heat gun and mold his into an oval, since a brain is oblong, not circular.

good luck! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts