Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Just joined and I gotta say, I love, love, love this site! So much support and positive feedback and passion for Halloween not to mention raw talent out there. I thought I'd share my costume from last year as my first post. You can tell from my admirer the majority of the age range of my ToTs so it's always a challenge to be spooky, but not overly frightning both in costume and decor. It's not the best picture of me, but I love the look on my little "guest's" face- that says it all. And yes, those are my neighbors in the background enjoying the night's activities. Glad to be here!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
TGB. great costume. You truly are the Beast with that Princess not so sure about you. Maybe she'll grow up to be a dentist! Glad you're here, welcome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That looks like a great costume! I would love to see it in full light to get all those lovely details. How long did it take you to make it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome costume! I love the many layers. I've always wanted to make some extender boots. Is that shoes nailed to plastic buckets?
I actually have my shoes strapped onto the top of the buckets. I don't know why I had such a phobia about destroying the buckets by drilling into them, but that's definately the way I'll be going next time. It's the best way to instanntly gain 18 inches in height. I tried my hand at making digitigrade feet, but ended up with disasterous results (and bruised toes!). So until I learn to walk on stilts, this is the way to go. (I also think that instead of extending height from the legs, I want to try extending it from the top, via goregalore on you tube. They have some nifty ideas!)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks like a great costume! I would love to see it in full light to get all those lovely details. How long did it take you to make it?

Thanks! The nice thing about layering is that, if you have all the pieces, it's easy to put together...like selecting an outfit for a party. I already had all the pieces: the blue shirt, horn and red sashes were from the local renaissance faire, the tan and purple(?) coat was one piece I picked up from a local theater company, the netting is your standard hang on the wall fish netting, the pants were a pair of black pants I owned, the gloves, mask and skulls were store bought, I wrapped myself with cheesecloth, the club is a bamboo plant root I found on the side of the road and the necklace is made from bones from Sizzler's all-you-can eat rib dinner (which of course were the most fun to get.) The eyes look better in the dark... BTW can anyone tell me how to upload a photo directly to the reply instead of attaching it? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts