Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I made my party a vampire themed one. I usually don't go with "themes" but decided the invite & decor would be awesome. I told everyone the theme didn't mean you had to dress as a vampire and that you could come as anything. I feel obligated to come as one because I'm hosting it. Well, out of the 31 that have RSVP'd, six are coming as vampires. I'm a little disappointed cause I like to see a variety of costumes. It may be childish but I'm thinking I'm gonna change mine now and come as something different. I like to be unique and don't wanna have on the same thing as anyone else. Any thoughts? Am I being ridiculous or should I go on and change it? The kicker is that my party is this Saturday so I only have a few days to change my costume. (I did it the night before last year & it turned out fine).

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
There are many ideas and options...

Do a bad imaitions of the cullens being full of glitter...

Renasss. Style vampire...

1980's vamp..which i mean wearing 80's style hair and clothes with fnags!

Blood bank worker....wearing nurse outfit of somesort, and tag saying whatever name of the blood bank with your name plus fangs.

Victim of vampire....need i say more? I was that last year for trick or treating..

Goth vampire

princess vampire

whatever theme of true blood vamp?

Etc. Etc. The lists is endless...

·
Registered
125 Posts
my theme last year was The Haunted Mansion, but I was Boy George from the Culture Club era...so, I don't think it matters. for me, a theme for a party is a great way of channeling your creativity for decor and food and music more than just for the costumes. Having said all of that, I'm doing Voodoo on the Bayou and will be a version of Baron Samedi for my costume. but more than just because of the theme, but because I really like him!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vampire them! That sounds like fun. Something unique, hmmm... Just make your costume, you can go wrong. I've done this before, takes a knack for sowing but if your good at it, it may work. A suggestion if you do decide to make your vampire costume: For the collar just stitch your selected fabric over cardboard. Choose a nice fabric, it will make the difference. Something velvetty looking is always nice :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Werewolves are a vampire's natural enemy. Van Helsing/Anna Valerious (Kate Beckinsale from Van Helsing movie). Anita Blake, vampire hunter (books by Laurell K. Hamilton).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am already planning next year's costume. We are going as Vampirates. Basically Pirates with fangs. A friend of mine has prop wings that open up to an 8' wing span and I so wanted to be something other than just a Vampire to use them. So I came up with the Vampirate. I will hit the sales after Halloween to get the good fangs and then add bite marks on my neck. I was going to play around with making the standard issued cross that is associated with Count Dracula and turning it into a pin for my tricorn.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
I am already planning next year's costume. We are going as Vampirates. Basically Pirates with fangs. A friend of mine has prop wings that open up to an 8' wing span and I so wanted to be something other than just a Vampire to use them. So I came up with the Vampirate. I will hit the sales after Halloween to get the good fangs and then add bite marks on my neck. I was going to play around with making the standard issued cross that is associated with Count Dracula and turning it into a pin for my tricorn.

VAMPIRATES!!! LOL!!! I love love love it!!

Hazel: Stick with the vampire costume, you'd look killer (no pun intended) as a vampire. We're doing vampire this year, too. Just seemed like we were surrounded by them, books, movies, TV!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts