Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I am putting together prize baskets for the costume contest winners. Categories are most original, best couple/group & best overall.

So far for each I have two horror movie DVDs, a Halloween themed Pez dispensor, a bottle of Haunted Hot Sauce & a finger shaped soap (scented like dirt!).

I need ideas for a couple more things.

I am also trying to figure out if there should be more in the one for best couple/group, as it will have to be shared. And if the Best costume should get something extra.

Any suggestions?

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
There is a site called darkcandles.com that has halloween inspired candle scents. I would order some and put one in each basket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a store in my area called 5below....and i found these bouncy balls that have glitter inside...but also an eyeball inside that when bounced light up...they were only 3 dollars... and are so much fun to bounce...LOL.. I would throw in some fun things like that as well!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I myself would make the couple gift just a little bit bigger. Maybe double of a couple of the items thrown in. As last year, my brother and brother in law won it for best couple. (Cop and prisoner.) But I just gave out lottery tickets.

Do you have a Marcs store? They have alot of really cheap items you could throw in. I got candles and soaps halloween themed for 4 for a dollar!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Err..this might sound really stupid, perhaps I only like it because they don't sell it over here, but -if it exsists in mini- little Count Chocula boxes? For having a 'winner's breakfast' the next morning?

·
Registered
98 Posts
This year I am including wine with the labels soaked off and replaced with my own creations :) I'll post a pic if I remember ;)

There is a similar thread still active on here from last year if you search a bit - I had much the same question, and got a lot of responses! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
If the Count Chocula comes in minis, would you let me know???? Now that I think of it, I like the idea very much myself too! Hahaha

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm proud to have my Haunted Hot Sauce as part of the prize basket!!! Yankee candles (in many malls) has a Halloween candle fragrance this year called Beware! I love it! It's black and has an earthy smell to it. I have an order on the way from DarkCandles.com (the Nosferatu fragrance is exquisite!) and from EveningEclipse.com too. This time of year those companies take a couple weeks to deliver so I'd go to Yankee Candles in the mall and add the gift of Halloween scent!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is what I came up with:
2 horror movies
2 packs orange popcorn
bottle of Pumpkin Ale
glow stick
2 Halloween themed rubber duckies
Pez dispensor
Haunted Hot Sauce