Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a costume to go along with the mask I made...

for reference here is the mask

cropped.jpg

it was sculpted in WED clay and molded in silicon, casted in acrylic
Here is the costume.

The pieces to the costume are:
one set (top and bottom) green scrubs from walmart
a big red shirt from walmart,
a leather belt,
some rings from another belt from walmart
two sombrero hats.
elastic and thread.

I ripped up the edges of the red shirt and pants
I wired the metal rings onto the belt, cut the lower legs off the scrub pant and sewed some elastic on the edge to make (fingerless) gloves.
I cut a big doughnut shaped section out of the scrub top to made the bib and feathered the edge of that.
I painted the symbols of the gloves. I added some elastic to the wrist of the gloves
For the hat I cut the top out the bigger one. I cut the top off the smaller one and then cut the smaller hat up the whole side and rolled it like you would a paper funnel, glued that in place and the hot glued both hats together. feather the edges and painted with spray paint, a dark red and black ghosted on the edges to make in look burnt, and some black streaks for shading. I put some metal rings on the seam between the two hats to help hide the seam.

Here you go, please let me know what you think. This was just a quick costume for myself with low cost being the main concern.
I really like how the hat came out, and the mask is really cool. :)

988883_1431144603800500_3625606771192385245_n.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01284.jpg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! :)
Yes it is inspired from Majora's Mask the Zelda game.
I really like the design. That is the reason I wanted to make it, such a powerful yet simple design (it is a pain in the arse to paint though, about a weeks worth of taping off and painting, but it is well worth it. Very happy with the results of the whole thing. :)

It's really is both insect and tribal, very shaman like, really love the design, and all yall's comments!. Thanks! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts