Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Visa is good. Mastercard would be better. But then again, Costco probably wouldn't appreciate me using my 5% cash back Sam's Club MC at their gas pumps!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I hope they have the big skellys, yes.

Honestly, I like them using AMEX. It was all we used AMEX for and now we kind of don't need it but it was nice to have that option.

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
Yes, AMEX I think made a big miscalculation in negotiating with them. They were a pretty big customer. I don't use AMEX but hubby does so he's disappointed in a way. Even though he has both he prefers to use AMEX. I'm a Visa cardholder so it will make my life much easier. I use to have to stop at the ATM near them and get cash having judged first how much I would need....let's see 3 skeletons at $x, plus tax.....LOL. Then last year our bank that I would go to near them closed so really became a pain for me. Unfortunately/fortunately when I'm by myself shopping I'll probably be buying more at Costco than before with Visa accepted now.

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
Yeah, America is really a country of revolving credit so can see why Visa courted them for the business. My biggest issue with Amex is that it has a high annual fee, that plus your Costco renewal fee kind of adds up for shopping there if that's your primary reason for having it. Few restaurants around here take it but we do use it for travel. I thought Amex was a better choice for most users than Discover was. Visa I'm sure will be more popular.

I've been buying a few skellies every year since someone first posted a heads up on them on here. Think I'm done with those now. I bought a giant talking skull one year. Last year I held off ordering the Crazy Bonez gigantic spider from their Costco Magazine someone here mentioned (never read it so didn't know they did separate halloween prop offers there...but DO now!) and when I was ready to do so, they were gone :(. Really hope special sized Crazy Bonez critters will be back again this year. I do wish Costco offered more halloween props though. We buy enough from Costco during the year that it always makes sense to still be a member so Halloween is a plus.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Never paid an annual fee for my Amex... or any cc. That is one of my strict rules- No annual credit card fees EVER. I use it for travel and stuff I might need that double-your-warranty on- but without Costco, it'll mostly gather dust in a drawer now.

·
Registered
892 Posts
It's citi visa, more rewarding points

1 - 9 of 9 Posts