Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I bought 6 of the Costco skeletons. I WAS going to corpse them, but wanted to try something different, so I thought Zombie!! This project was very time consuming so I only got one done before Halloween. Rotten Ron :D is made from Great Stuff (to help fill him out), liquid latex, and cotton balls. Some cheese cloth was used as well. Glass eyes were purchased from Van Dykes Taxidermy. I hand painted him instead of using the airbrush (I think it worked better anyhow). The "blood" coming from his mouth was a mix of fast setting epoxy and latex paint. Clothes were purchased from Good Will and stained using coffee and tea (and a little latex for more of a dirt/mud look). I'm going to try to bang out a couple more this summer/fall.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out that even the non-modified skeletons don't/can't stand on their own. I tried to have the other guys stand at attention along my walkway (using rebar staked into the ground and using zipties on the legs) and they ended up flopping over. Ron with the added weight just sat there. I guess I could epoxy the joints, but it was last minute I learned their joints are crap.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I love it! It's...it's... well not nice but very effective.

I'm getting a few more Costco skeletons this year and I'm in need of some zombies as well as skeletons so I might have to borrow your idea.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's funny how I think a lot of us are lined up to pounce on Costco to grab some skellies. Was just pitching the idea to the wife (she's never thrilled with my purchases).

Love the look of the zombie/skelly. What did you use for a tongue?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, my fiance wasn't thrilled either about me purchasing 6 of these. I hid them in the trunk of my car as long as I could. The tongue was made from rolled up paper towels and latex, I inserted some aluminum wire (purchased from AC Moore - jewelry/bead area) and hot glued it in place (back of mouth/throat).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you know when Costco will put the skeletons out? I will have to travel to Nashville to pick several up whenever they have them. I just don't want to miss it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts