Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Cost Plus World Market has their Halloween Sneak Peek up online already. A number of items like the skeleton bat (they call it dinosaur but it's a bat) I saw in my store last year and are a restock. Same item I believe as in the photo someone posted recently from At Home store. I did notice some new items on the Peek. It's only a peek so expecting more to come. Last year they had these great skeleton frogs and hope they restock those too.

http://www.worldmarket.com/category/seasonal/halloween.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&page=all

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wonder if they'll have the whole Bride & Frankenstein collection again. I see the platter. Last year i was way too late to the game and practically all B&F stuff was sold out. I'm digging the sugar skull mugs, too!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,947 Posts
I hate that you can't get it all online,you have to go to the store for a lot of stuff. We used to have a WM close by but they moved on to a ridiculously congested road in a ridiculously congested section of that road & it's a pain to get to. I only do it once a year if that since it's just a nightmare with the traffic.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've never even heard of half these places so it's interesting to check out these links. Thanks, GOS. Unless it's a restaurant it's probably not here! Apparently the only time most around here venture out is for food. Or they don't want to deal with our taxes. We don't even have At Home stores here and they actually just opened the first Cotsco near me this spring.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
wow, i missed this last year...i want that skellie bat....the spell bottle measuring cup stack, cuuuuuuttttteeeee....is most of this in store only? thanks for the post!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,947 Posts
Some of it is available online, but something like that Bride & Frankie plate is an in-store item only. For the last couple of years they've had some neat Universal Frankenstein, the Bride & Dracula stuff, plates, platters, etc. & you could only get them in the store.

I can't justify the time & brain cells lost driving there. It's not that far away but it's a light every block, all 4 lanes are clogged with traffic (especially on weekends), & there's zero parking once I get there because its in a plaza that wasn't meant for that type of high volume traffic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I just moved to Albuquerque and it turns out we've got one of these stores just minutes from my apartment! Last year I really wanted some of those Universal Monster plates and platters but never got around to ordering any. I'm assuming those are seasonal items only, but has anyone had any luck getting them year round?

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heads up about their Friends & Family sale in the Fall

Hellachris, My store pulls their halloween mdse. after halloween just like other stores do. I've been shopping there for halloween for a number of years already.

For all newbies or those that think they might want something from here this year, thought I'd mention that every Fall, generally late September/early October, they do a Friends & Family event over 4 days, Friday - Monday. You need to be signed up for their newsletter though to get the discount coupon. It's good for use on your entire purchase. The coupon is personalized and has a number on it and it matches your account number through their computer system so just printing out a coupon to hand out to others doesn't work. I've noticed a few places do this now. Anyway always a good time to go shopping there and generally early enough in the season that not all the Halloween has been picked over.

Checked back thru the Coupon Discount & Promotion section of the forum and in 2012, the Friends & Family Event ran Fri 10/5 - Mon 10/8. 25%. Plus 10% additional off gourmet food and non-alcoholic beverages (never thought about this but I think they carry that soda pop, can't think of name, with flavors like candy apple or such). 2011 it was held Fri 10/7 - Mon 10/10.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a few links to past years at Cost Plus World Market if you want to see things carried before.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/135790-world-market-halloween-2014-a.html

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/129911-world-market-halloween.html

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/118184-2012-costplus-world-market-halloween-mdse.html

In looking back also found a few posts during the Fall over the years stating that Cost Plus World Market sent a 10% off entire purchase coupon in their newsletter. Sometime it was just a routine email, other times prompted as a thank you for your recent shopping trip. In 2013 they had a newsletter heads up that halloween would be on sale at 25% off (9/16) for one day only. In 2011 (10/27) I received a newsletter email that Halloween Decor would be marked down 40% online and in-store. Pretty sure I received similar emails each year, and the last 2 years we've gone in and bought their gourmet Belgium halloween chocolate balls at a nice discount and handed some of those out as a treats. Hubby doesn't mind eating any leftovers! Anyway their newsletter alerts will offer various discounts over the fall on Halloween.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I just moved to Albuquerque and it turns out we've got one of these stores just minutes from my apartment! Last year I really wanted some of those Universal Monster plates and platters but never got around to ordering any. I'm assuming those are seasonal items only, but has anyone had any luck getting them year round?
Welcome to Albuquerque Chris! I just wanted to say that I enjoy your reviews and your site.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see that Cost Plus World Market has their Halloween Sneak Peek up online right now:

http://www.worldmarket.com/category/seasonal/halloween.do?ab=second:category:seasonal:halloween

They have a number of skelly creatures this year including the return of the Hanging Dinosaur Skeleton which we all call a bat. A dog (not the Crazy Bonez one), a cat, a bird (the Crazy Bonez Tweety one, not the Target Crow). Not seeing the skeleton frog from last year so not sure if they are carrying it this year (Spirit Halloween does have it on their website). They have a 47-inch human skeleton (with correct leg bones). A few hanging props are listed (fortune teller, clown, scarecrow, carnie figures, vulture on perch). Fred & Friends Gingerdead man cookie cutters and Day of the Dead Cookie Stamps. A Skull and Bones cookie stamp. The Frankenstein theme plates, etc are back. So are the ceramic kitchen tools and treat jars--urn and books. Apothocary bottles. My favorite gold toothed dangling skeleton string lights are still available. CPWM always has Los Muertos nutcrackers and other items. Lots of food, candy and beverage items.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They should be having their Friends and Family sale off entire purchase soon. Coupons thru email and tied to your Rewards card through them. Probably should check on my account so they know I'm still active. Haven't seen a email from them in a while.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I see that Cost Plus World Market has their Halloween Sneak Peek up online right now:

http://www.worldmarket.com/category/seasonal/halloween.do?ab=second:category:seasonal:halloween

They have a number of skelly creatures this year including the return of the Hanging Dinosaur Skeleton which we all call a bat. A dog (not the Crazy Bonez one), a cat, a bird (the Crazy Bonez Tweety one, not the Target Crow). Not seeing the skeleton frog from last year so not sure if they are carrying it this year (Spirit Halloween does have it on their website). They have a 47-inch human skeleton (with correct leg bones). A few hanging props are listed (fortune teller, clown, scarecrow, carnie figures, vulture on perch). Fred & Friends Gingerdead man cookie cutters and Day of the Dead Cookie Stamps. A Skull and Bones cookie stamp. The Frankenstein theme plates, etc are back. So are the ceramic kitchen tools and treat jars--urn and books. Apothocary bottles. My favorite gold toothed dangling skeleton string lights are still available. CPWM always has Los Muertos nutcrackers and other items. Lots of food, candy and beverage items.

I don't think it's a crazy bonez tweety bird. I have one and the one World Market shows on their website (I enlarged the picture) looks like the chest snaps in two places on both sides to keep the front and back of the bird together. I think this year a lot of companies are copying Crazy Bonez and banking on it.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, no one with photos from here yet :eek:

We stopped in tonight for a halloween card, I love their pop up cards for halloween. Wanted to pick up one again from them for our next door neighbor's little girl. My husband told me today that he was talking to her dad and somehow they got on the subject of halloween and he told my husband that she has all of the halloween books I have given to her over the past few years. Always try to find something to go along with a book and card too. Usually some animated thing. So hubby said we definitely need to be sure to find something special this year. She just entered first grade and came over yesterday to show us she had lost her two front teeth. So cute at this age. Anyway not to disappoint, CostPlus WorldMarket had lots of halloween pop up and regular cards.

Here are some of the decor items they have this year. No skeleton dinosaur bats but they do have the skeleton frogs again.

Frankenstein and Bride rise again at CostPlus:

BTW I picked up the black candelabra and was impressed. It's metal, a nice weight and the arms rotate to make storing a bit easier. Would look great with those orange tapers.

This glass pumpkin beverage server in the autumn area looks similar to Pottery Barn's although I'm sure this one is a thinner glass.

And of course they are known for carrying a wide range of halloween labeled beverages! Just some shown below.

And finally what could be better than pumpkin orange-colored S'mores!

I didn't take any photos of the props. Not favorites of mine. I have liked a number of them in the past. Seems like they are getting smaller. They do have a skeleton cat, dog and bird but as someone mentioned already, they don't seem to be CrazyBonez. The cat is pretty small. Oh and I did pick up three fabric snake skin positionable snakes. Believe I saw 3 colors. I'll have to come back with a photo of them. I thought they looked more like vipers and might work out nicely on a tomb raider theme wrapped around a neck or crawling up an arm. Pretty big Day of the Dead section, does well here for them in California.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts