Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this year I was lucky enough to score 6 of the cosmetology heads for less than $25. After seeing the serial killer prop and slender man posted on the list, I see that I need to get them out and start making the creepies. I am not sure what kind of paint I should use on them. Flesh tone is not a Halloween color. I see the slenderman could either have a pure white face or a black one. I also thought that I could use the heads for floating FCGs. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
83 Posts
You said cosmetology heads, I am not familiar with those. Is that the same as the wig heads. Are they made of Styrofoam? If so they are light enough to make FCGs from them. You probably don't want to make FCGs with them if they are something heavier only because of having to use counter weights and other hassles but you could if you wanted to.

If they are Styrofoam only use water based paints as other types will melt it, or you could melt it if that's the look you want. You could use a flesh tone color then go over it with additional layers of variations of the tone to give it a mottled look if your just making a creepy looking person.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've used both acrylic and regular latex house paint. You can also use spray paints over special primer made for vinyl. Regular latex caulk works great to add features and texture. Here's one of my finished heads using caulk, gray acrylic paint and gray/black washes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts