Halloween Forum banner

Cosmetology Head Zombie

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Slider 
#1 ·
Cosmetology Head Zombies

Face Head Fiction Ghost Mouth

Cut and peeled the skin off of a Pivot Point brand cosmetology head. The rigid foam inside is perfect for carving. Added a thin layer of monster mud (mixed toward the latex side) to protect the foam, sanded down the texture, went through a 3 layer paint process, then coated liberally with a satin acrylic clear coat for added protection.

This skull stands on its own as-is, but I will be corpsing it a little later on. I wanted it pre-painted before I did that so it'd add a bit more depth.

See less See more
#8 ·
Sculpture Art Headgear Fictional character Costume

Here's a second skull I've been working on. It's for a full-figure adolescent, Victorian era girl we have in the bedroom of our haunt. She's the little sister, which we have a "big sister" actor in the room that berates her, steals her toys, and otherwise treats her like dirt. So, naturally, I wanted to convey a sympathetic zombie. Someone who has obvious psychological scars, even in death. So her bust and head articulate separately, always oriented downward, and inward. She's shy, unsure of herself, and the only thing she has in the world to comfort her is the porcelain doll that her sister wants so bad. So she will be clutching the doll close to her heart.

The muscle structure and rot is actually in the monster mud sculpt, knocked down with sandpaper and painstakingly hand-painted and washed. This layer was sealed with a high gloss poly to give the skin areas a wet look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.