Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cheap plastic skull that I want to make into Mrs Voorhees. Where and how do I do the latex on it. I saw Dr. Kreepys tutorial and was not sure what kind of latex to get. Is there something localy that may have something that Im looking for like home depot or wallyworld. And also what could I use for the hair for the skull.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
if you can't find latex locally, or it is prohibitively expensive, You can corpse your skull cheaply and easily using tissue paper and a white glue and water mix.
just apply the tp to the skull to imitate rotted flesh, allow to dry and either paint or better, apply woodstain. When the woodstain is dry you can, if you wish, drybrush with acrylics.
Here's one I did recently using this method...

..Just a quick, cheap and easy way of corpsing a skull.
The hair could come from an old wig, cut to the required style and attached with carpet adhesive or something similar.

·
Registered
62 Posts
use carpet latex and paper towels. A small bucket cost $7.00 and you can make about 4 or 5 corpses. You could also use a old tshirt cut it so it is just big enough to cover skull dip it into paint and ring out the excess. place tshirt back onto skull and pull tight. Fill in all crevases. I find it easier not to push it into eye and nose sockets. Let it dry. Then take scisors and cut out eye and nose. Add some extra colors and features and your done. You can also bunch up some of the tshirt to make it look like f$#@ed up skin.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I agree with the Baron! There are a bunch of sites on the net that give good corpsing techniques using paper mache. I've done it. It's cheap and easy!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
use carpet latex and paper towels. A small bucket cost $7.00 and you can make about 4 or 5 corpses. You could also use a old tshirt cut it so it is just big enough to cover skull dip it into paint and ring out the excess. place tshirt back onto skull and pull tight. Fill in all crevases. I find it easier not to push it into eye and nose sockets. Let it dry. Then take scisors and cut out eye and nose. Add some extra colors and features and your done. You can also bunch up some of the tshirt to make it look like f$#@ed up skin.
The problem I find with Carpet latex is the prolonged drying time, plus its quite icky stuff to work with, although I agree it does give good results.
I haven't tried the T shirt idea..I'll have to give that a bash.
Big Nick uses pantyhose on his corpses (covered with latex I believe). He has made some great looking props this way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts