Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just finished corpsing my first skeleton. I used waterproof wood glue & cotten balls and finished it with acrylic paint. What do I need to do to be able to keep it outside? Does it have to be sealed? Thanks!

·
Registered
638 Posts
eeric,

what was your technique on the first of the two corpses? I am looking to do a "ive been in the desert rotting for too friggin long" corpse look and the technique you used makes him look very dry...exactly what I am looking for. Can you also tell me what products you used and any techniques you used to get him looking this way. Thanks in advance,

-DK

·
Registered
327 Posts
For him I used that cheapo cotton spider webbing that stretches out and looks real stringy.

I stained the bucky with Minwax Mahogany Gel Stain, then mixed a bit of the gel stain with some Mold Builder latex. Then I used spray adhesive to apply the spider webs to him, making sure to make the most out of its stretchability. Then I brushed on some of the latex and as it dried I would hit it with a little flat black and some tan spray paint and even a little more spray glue, just to see if it did anything. Not sure if the mixing of chemicals did anything to its look, but I did it in one spot and loved what was happening so I just kept doing it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts