Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a few more bluckys for my display this year (the DW wanted a new pair) thought I would show how it is going. :D

The bluckys we got are a little higher quality than some of the older ones I have used, they have much better looking skulls. I use the pantyhose and carpet adhesive method of corpsing once I cut out between the bones and put some tape on them. then I use a combination of different wood stains to get the long buried and dug up look.

here they are with the hose and adhesive

corpsing bluckys by Don and Monica Riney, on Flickr

then with the first color of stain (red oak)

then a couple with the rest of the stain and a little black spray paint. (can't live without black spray paint :cool:)

they can still be put together as a whole skellie and herself will be setting them at a table with drinking implements.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a self proclaimed cheap [email protected]#d. if I can make something on the cheap and have it look cool under the lights on the big night I am happy with it. Oh, and thank you for saying they no longer look like Blucky's!

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
When did the bluckies change styles? Those look a hell of a lot better than the old style. Especially after being corpsed.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When did the bluckies change styles? Those look a hell of a lot better than the old style. Especially after being corpsed.
this year is the first I have seen of this mold, the skull is a huge improvement here is one of the old style

DSC_0062 by Don and Monica Riney, on Flickr

He was my first corpsing, I think I have gotten better at it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts