Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help w/ decomposing guts and WELL used scythe

This is all part of a larger project, my demon. You can find step by step and updates for everything HERE. I just need to find a solution for Number 2 now. Thanks for the help!

I have run into a roadblock building my demon and was wondering if anyone can help me solve the issues below:

1. The guts look too fresh on the torso of my Scythe. I'd like to make it look like they were decomposing so they match the "age" of the body and head (Solution found)

2. The blade of the Scythe looks to new, how can I give it the look that it has been used MANY times to rip bodies apart?

Went from this:
Room

To this:

Salt-cured meat

Table

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS Nosefuratyou, I'll definitely be looking into this technique so that I get it right.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have run into a roadblock building my demon and was wondering if anyone can help me solve the issues below:

1. The guts look too fresh on the torso of my Scythe. I'd like to make it look like they were decomposing so they match the "age" of the body and head

2. The blade of the Scythe looks to new, how can I give it the look that it has been used MANY times to rip bodies apart?

View attachment 443609

View attachment 443593
I agree with nosefuratyou, Dead (necrotic tissue- if you want to get fancy) tend to have grays and blacks. Blood is that is well oxygenated tends to be bright red (think of arterial spray on CSI), so if its without oxygen, coagulated or clotted blood tends to be browns, and black. Can't wait to see the final product, please post pics (I want to borrow the scythe idea for next year!).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ACANTON04 thanks for the input. I actually changed ripped out the old guts and added new ones. You can see them above. If you follow the link I added to the original post you can see the step by step of this project.

Reactions: acanton04

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone have any ideas on how I can age the blade above, I really don't like the look it has now? :(

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, thanks VERY much. I really like that cinnamon idea. I added "blood" to it today but it made the blade look like one of those fake Jason Machetes you buy at Wal Mart.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That last knife is impressive after seeing what it started from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.