Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

1031 Props
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i took my skeletons down from the drying area and gently laid them on some cardboard. When i went to go pick them up i notice a lot of scuffs and scratches where the stain had been what looked to be scraped off. They were completely dry to the touch and had been drying for almost 2 weeks. Is there something i can coat them with that will keep this from happening in the future? If so what is it and if i apply it will my buckies still be flexible?

Typical Ghoul Next Door
What sort of paint/finish did you use to age them?

I would think that a good polyurethane sealer would work to protect the finish better than just the paint surface left on it's own. (get the matt/satin finish unless you want shiny - could look pretty nifty with a wet sheen on it tho.)

:)

Registered
I am curious about what you used to corpse the buckies...I have several that I corpsed with latex and cotton batting and you could throw them off the roof and you wont scratch the stain (minwax) I put on them....sure, they would break, but they would not be scratched. I am worried that a polyurethane would not remain flexible and might show cracks. If it were me, I'd just touch'em up and move on to the next item on the to do list.

1031 Props
Discussion Starter #4
I used wood stain on them. Here is the thing about touch up and move on though. I am planning selling these on eBay and the last thing I want to do is get a bad wrap for selling a cheap product. So I don't what to do.

Registered
OIC, I was figuring it was just a prop you would have out at Halloween. You are right, if you are going to sell them they need to be right or the Ebay folks will pounce on you! If it's wood stain over latex I dont understand why they are scuffing so easily......

1031 Props
Discussion Starter #6
Me neither. I don't know what to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts