Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must send Terra a big thank you for sharing her Boogedy project.:)
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/78697-dmx-boogedy.html

I purchased a raw pull with added armature from Fright Theatre. He is $225 without the armature, $325 with. I think you need to call to order the armature.

Fright Theatre

I love this guy! He is my favorite prop for 2009.:)
My son and I worked on the corpsing using the pantyhose method. My son created Boogedy's face. :)
I'm waiting for a clevis joint from Fright Props before I add the pneumatics.
I will be using a PicoBoo 105 to control the action. I'm not sure what color flood light? I was thinking red?

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
WOW!! GREAT job on the corpsing!!! I still haven't attempted it - too scared I'll screw it up!! Very very nice looking!!

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Wow, he's really scary with the pantyhose corpsing. The paint job on him is terrific. I was thinking of going the red color scheme as well. He looks so real!

Let's see, color of his light. My gut says yellow but not sure how that would change his coloring. If you went with a white strobe light that would be a big startle effect with a violent edge. Could be over the top if you are avoiding a gorish look but would look great.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I added sound and pneumatics to boogedy. Still need to work on lighting a bit. I'm happy with what I have so far.
I love the sound and his movement. The audio file is from a Zombie CD purchased from Fright Props. I used a PicoBoo105 controller with a pressure mat to trigger.
I'm placing him outside close to my grave. :)

Here is a video of what I have so far.
YouTube - VID00016

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!!!

I really like this guy.:D
I want him in my graveyard but I'm not sure the kids will stop long enough to watch him. It's easier to put him in the graveyard because I can stake the base to the ground.

My husband thinks I should put him on our porch next to the front door. I could hide him so they wouldn't see him coming (((evil grin)))). Plus, the sound will echo under the porch.
Decisions, decisions....I have a week to decide.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice job Kruella!! We have yet to get this kit on the site. Basically, its the skeleton of your choice (raw foam pull from the mold) with 2 quarts of latex, corpsing material, six chip brushes and two steel foot plates for $325.00. That's a $200.00 saving from a finished skeleton. Basically, you save the money AND get to do the fun work! We have stopped taking orders for the 2009 season but we are offering a 10% discount on EVERYTHING until the end of this year (delivered after 10/31/09). We'll get the site updated soon with the reflected discounted prices. We'll also get the skeleton kit up soon. For now, anyone that would like to place an order for the skeleton kit, please contact us via email or phone. Thanks much to all on a great season!!

Your Fright Theatre team

1 - 14 of 14 Posts