Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy belated Halloween all,

Although this year had a couple fails I still felt it was a success. The photos below were taken today in the "aftermath" phase.

IMG_0488.jpg

The camp site, fail #1 Jumping Werewolf behind the tent ripped itself apart about 15 walkthroughs in

IMG_0489.jpg

Crazy Ralph

IMG_0490.jpg

Spider hallway, the jumping spider didn't trigger as often as I would have liked after the werewolf crapped out as the audio from that prop set off the spider.

IMG_0492.jpg

Hand crafted Crystal Lake sign. After this sign was a very short dark hall that I didn't picture.

IMG_0494.jpg

Last room Jason's Shrine. Fail #2 the drop panel to the right, which was a huge success this year broke down after about 85 deploys. After that I just tucked back in until the guests rounded the corner and then jumped out at them wearing my Jason costume. I had a baby monitor rigged so I can see them approach because for the dry run a week prior I ran it without the camera and my timing was awful to say the least.

IMG_0495.jpg

Pamela Voorhees! Fail #3 I had a Crawling Cathy from last year that started making noises towards the end of the night tucked in the reverse corner of the shrine room, Her sensor is so sensitive I was triggering it with a foot pedal from inside the drop panel room.

The official count is 186 guests walked through on Halloween, Not bad for a Tuesday! Also I sustained a back injury this year that really sucked the life outta this thing as I had a hidden door in the dividing wall where I was supposed to "stalk" the guests through the camp scene and then "magically" be in the drop panel at the end, I just could't do it with my back pain so I just chilled in the drop panel box :(

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Very nice. Sorry you had some hiccups here and there, but it sounds as if you had plenty of kids come through and they probably never noticed. Sorry about your back as well. Hope it gets to feeling better. Take some time to relax, let it heal. Maybe tinker with some of the props that failed, at least the ones that won't aggravate your back while tinkering with them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I love the campsite and pamela voorhees shrine! Your haunt has such a great spooky atmosphere. I know its frustrating when things fail to go as planned but your haunt walkthru still looks amazing!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Really like the dim lighting on the first few. Sometimes less is more.

I also see you did a great job with the "burning coals" deal.

You obviously have a lot of patience to get your spiderwebs like that, awesome. They look like crap when not stretched out enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the feedback!
@HauntedWyo you're right the kids never notice when things stray from the design/go wrong.
Since I was inside the haunt this year I couldn't get as much feedback as I had last year. My brother was admitting people and he told me there were a few people that came to Patterson this year just because somebody told them about my haunt. Others I could hear were pleased that the layout and theme were different than last year. My wife told me when she dropped the baby off at daycare that some of the teachers there figured out she lived in the "haunted house" and were excited to see it. All and all it brought people joy/terror which is why I enjoy doing it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Fingers crossed for a injury free run up next year. I get bad back pain quite often, so feel your pain. Thanks for your photos, they help me get through the horrible AFTER Halloween phase lol. love your webs... just how we stretch ours

1 - 7 of 7 Posts