Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I want to put a corn field in my front yard. I am talking about standing individual corn stalks up a foot apart, in rows to give the appearance of a corn field as people walk down the sidewalk. I need something that drives into the ground with a chute that I can drop the bottom of the corn stalk in so it will stand up straight and remain upright. Anyone have any ideas of any items already in existence that would accomplish this? Not enough time to get a metal shop to fabricate my idea.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Take a 2"x2" stake with a point on it. Drive it into the ground a foot or so. Wiggle a little and pull it out. The ground should stay open long enough to jam the cornstalk in. Repeat as needed. Be careful around sprinklers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I used a 12" piece of 3/4" EMT and pinched the end and hammered in the ground about 6" to make a hole, then dropped the corn stalk in. Repeated about 200 times. It takes a lot to fill an area. I got sick of corn fast! Ha Ha! children corn 2.jpg children corn.jpg

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Do a search on here for stalks and see what some other people have done.

The one at a time thing seems expensive and time consuming. I've seen people run wires between trees or posts and attach the stalks to them. Much quicker and easier, and it doesn't affect your lawn at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts