Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I can't wait till that movie comes out!!! I'm definately going to see it, but I have to find a movie buddy.

·
Registered
712 Posts
We are definitely going to see that movie!! thanks for the post. I had never heard of Coraline. I agree what a cool website-- we just spent an hour navigating through it and printing pictures of the kids with button eyes. Here is one of them...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Agreed! Coraline has been whispered about for quite some time (I think I heard about it around a year and a half ago) and it has been my #1 anticipated movie for 2009 (also looking forward to "9"). I don't think I've been this excited about seeing a new movie since Corpse Bride!
The movie's crew put together a really interesting promotion to get bloggers chatting about it by sending out actual items (pieces of the puppets, props, etc.) from the movie as well as little boxes containing two buttons and a threaded needle. If you have time (I know I spent waaaay too much time here:D), check out a blog called Evil Buttons which documents the boxes: Evil Buttons: 50 Coraline Boxes. Very cool stuff.
Can't wait! I probably won't be able to see it for about a week (a healthy heap of homework is the reason), but I'm going as soon as I can.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I'm planning to take my daughter and her friend to see it this weekend. My daughter had read the book in school, so she's already familiar with it.
I told her if we are going to see it at all, we might as well see it in 3-D.
Our local movie critic gave it 4 stars out of 5.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree -- it really does make sense to see it in 3-D if you're going to see it at all. I'm just wondering if my kids are too small for this -- is anyone else considering taking kids in the 5 yr to 8yr-old range?

Witch From Canada: I don't know if that's younger than your "younger kids," but did you decide what you're going to do?
Thanks for posting the cool link!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree -- it really does make sense to see it in 3-D if you're going to see it at all. I'm just wondering if my kids are too small for this -- is anyone else considering taking kids in the 5 yr to 8yr-old range?

Witch From Canada: I don't know if that's younger than your "younger kids," but did you decide what you're going to do?
Thanks for posting the cool link!
well i was planning to go this weekend , my daugther saw the trailer on tv and i told her it is like corpse bride and nightmare before xmas and she loves both those movies and she also is ok with haunted mansion with eddy murphy so coraline shouldnt be that bad for a 5 year old (mine is use to seing halloween props 365 days a years in the house so.... ;) ) , what worried me was the 3d part , i told her it would be 3 d and explained it is like the movie comes out of the screen and something it look to be close to us and almost touch us and she was all sight to go and experience that , unfortunatly my daugther spent the day in the er on iv for dehydratation and a terrible case of influenza with very high fever that wont go down :( and i called the 3 movie theatres in the 2 towns close to us and only one is showing coraline but not in 3d :( so will see if in the weeks maybe to come they will have the 3d version if not will try to find another town not too far to go see it in 3d when my daugther is feeling better will go .

·
Registered
293 Posts
Witch from Canada,

If the theatre does not have it in 3d now, they won't get it. It takes a special screen and a special projector to make it 3d. You wear polarized glasses rather than red-blue ones and you have to pay a little more (usually about $2). The 3d technology and picture are amazing and definitely worth the increase in price!!! (and the drive to another town)

Edwin

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Witch From Canada,
My kids haven't even seen Nightmare Before Christmas or Corpse Bride yet (hate to admit it, but neither have I!). Maybe I'll rent those and see how they do before taking them out to see Coraline. The 3-D picture sounds amazing -- I've still go to see it myself--with or without the kids!
P.S. I hope your daughter feels better soon!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
we love the nightmare before christmas. never saw the corpse bride. from the trailer it reminds me of the movie pleasantville which i like. this would be more of a kids version. i would take my 12 year old grandson if he wanted to go.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well I took the family to Coraline and all in all we loved it. There were a couple of scenes that were a little awkward at times for the younger ones; however, my nine year old said it was the "best movie he had ever seen". I took my four and five year old (they have seen nightmare before christmas and the corpse bride plenty of times) they were a little nervous through parts of the movie but they did great.

To sum it up I would recommend the movie , just remember that I warned you that some of the scenes may be a little awkward for the kids!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any thing from Tim Burton is incredible! His work is so increadibly twisted and creative how can you not love it. But I did see the movie and two thumbs up!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Glass 'eye',
That helps, thanks. Looks like my wife and I will make this our once-a-year movie-theater date, and let the kids see it next year.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I saw it today with my 12 yr. old daughter and her friend. I thought it was EXCELLENT!!
Definitely see it in 3-D if you can. The effect is outstanding !!
Watch the credits, also!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I saw Coraline last night. LOVED IT. I agree with Glass eye that there were a few scenes that might be questionable for little ones.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts