Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
STARK Raving Mad
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious... Besides MsMeeple and me, are there any other CopperMine users out there?

MsMeeple: Halloween Photo Gallery - Home

LV Scott T: STARK Madness Photo Gallery - Home

As you can see, CopperMine is very easy to customize.

I don't know about MsMeeple, but after Yahoo got out of the free photo hosting business, I tried about 6 other services (PhotoBucket, Flickr, ShutterFly, etc) and got so irritated with all of their restrictions that I installed CopperMine on my site and created my own photo gallery.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I don't, but I really do like the layout of those galleries!
It can only be used if you host it off your own site though? Is that right? I don't really want all the hassle of running a site again, I gave that up years ago!!

I am looking for somewhere else to host my photos (free!). I've been with FlickR in the past, as was very disappointed with it. Photobucket holds about 1000 on a free account I think, and I've nearly reached it.:(

·
STARK Raving Mad
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't, but I really do like the layout of those galleries!
It can only be used if you host it off your own site though? Is that right? I don't really want all the hassle of running a site again, I gave that up years ago!!
Yes, but there isn't really much "running" to it (other than updating the code whenever a new version comes out). I pay $25/year for the domain name and $10/month for the hosting (through DotEasy). Hosting includes:
+ 20 GB Web Hosting Storage
+ Unlimited Monthly Bandwidth
+ Unlimited Email Accounts
+ Unlimited MySQL Database and Subdomain
+ PHP / CGI / Perl Scripting Support
+ Secure SSL Support
+ Unique IP Address
The 20GB goes a long way. I have over 3000 photos, a bunch of videos, and several subdomains with online stores, and I've only used less than 2GB. You need the PHP and MySQL to run CopperMine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts