Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I make dead things deader
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Micheals today to grab some sticky eyeballs for a witches potion bottle. Now I have been in that store at least 24 times already this season. I in way in the back and I look down at this end cap and what do I see but foot long expandable skeletons. The kind you put in water. 4 colors. The package says grows 600%. 2 bucks a piece. My mind is racing as what to do with them. Going back for more after I test them out.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,289 Posts
I bought two of them - black and red finished.

They had a HUGE apothecary jar with one in there, and it was already as big as a small child... I put one in my secret reaper pack and I'm putting the other one in my bathtub for the party. :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oh, how cool!! Thanks for the heads up...gonna make a run to get a couple tomorrow! My bathtub won't be the same....hehe

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I found one of those here in holland! Been trying to figure out who's swimming pool to throw him in since I dont have a tub hahahaha

MsM

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes pictures please!!!
I got snakes that grow for my medusa theme, but I haven't tried them yet.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought one of these last week too. I just hope it looks better than the tiny expanding skeleton I bought there. One of its arms stuck to the package and now looks more like a flipper.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
heavymetalmama....not so bad having a deformed arm...just adds to the horror of things...lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
I pick one up from 5 Below and tossed him into a fish tank in the garage hubby was suppose to be taking down. I don't know why it's contouring we'll see.

Day 1 (a little over 24 hours)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I went to Micheals yesterday and they didn't have any! :( They also called 2 other Micheals and no luck..lol. Oh well, guess I really didn't need it?!.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Day 2

I guess tossing a skeleton into a fish tank got the hubby motivated. The package says that it's non-toxic, but that cloudy haze is from him, so.... they crayfish have been moved to their winter tank inside.

It seems that he's growing about 3" a day and the package states 96 hours for full growth, oh and he had a rock in him for about 12 hours to straighten him out.

Day 2 (about 48 hours)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
well the arch in his back is gone lol Cant wait to see how this turns out :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah lucky 13! Well it's been 13 days since I posted on this and the skeleton maybe grew an extra 3 inches, so I'm going with bust on this one.

p.s. I tried cutting his feet and legs apart, it was a no go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts