Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this faux fire, really looks cool. I would love to add this effect to my haunt, maybe around my witch or in the cauldron. I think they are just piping fog through a pvc pipe with holes in it so it goes up and they probably have some LED's aimed at it. Anyone else want to dissect this prop, I cant find a tutorial for it.

YouTube - Faux Fire Effect using Fog Machines

·
Registered
537 Posts
That is a really nice effect. I could find a couple of uses for that....minus the music of course.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,160 Posts
That is pretty darn nifty!

I did hook the fogger up to my witch's cauldron and have a string of flicker lights hidden in a fire ring complete with wood that looks exactly like real fire. I use a giant plastic planter for the cauldron, and I actually have the drain holes open, so some fog leaks out of the bottom and the flicker light reflects off of the little streams of fog and looks even more realistic. Not a full on flames licking the cauldron type, but a nicely caught banked fire effect.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/picture.php?albumid=380&pictureid=3970
No video, unfortunately, but you get the idea.

It's not nearly as good as your link, but it works well enough that I had people commenting on the fire in my yard. ;)

They have to be using some really cool lighting to get their fog to look so much like flames - that is amazing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks really good Frankie's girl, seems easy enough to do, I just need to find some flicker lights and I need another fogger.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
It looks like they have a constant red or orange light and than evry once in a while a yellow light comes on to give a fire look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts