Halloween Forum banner

Controller for electric chair

Electronic/Software: 
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Homestead Haunt 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Fairly new here, but I been searching old threads related to triggering an electric chair and it seems most use a motion detector and/or some type of controller...I'm unsure of what I should actually use.

This is what I want to achieve: I've already built a wooden chair and have ordered (hasn't arrived yet) "The Shocker" kit and I would also like to try the electric sander under the seat for some sound, two strobes, and the lights that come with the kit.

My question is would you be able to start and run all of that on a standard motion detector bought somwhere like The Home Depot? All I have been able to find is motion dectors in the 300-500 watt range. Or, perhaps, is there a better way that one might trigger a scene like this? :eek:

I'd appreciate any help or ideas...
Thanks.

#4 ·
Would it be possible to add more that one relay to one motion detector and say have them timed or delayed differently?

Ideally how I would like it to work would be once the motion detector has been tripped it would start a sequence of events say strobe lights, electric sander, and maybe something else and the after that another relay hacked into a fog machine...

#5 ·
I use mostly Fright Ideas controllers for my props. They are easy to use and simple to program. If you are not sure on using controlers, FrightProps.com has some very good vidieos of Fright Ideas controllers on how to connect the prop, program sounds, and program the prop. Check them out and see what you think. The controllers are worth the price and are very dependable.

#6 ·
If you want to controll several different events at different times I recommend going with a prop controller like the ones mark pointed out.

The easiest to use and includes sound is the Pico Boo 105 it has two standard three prong outlets but only will controll two events. Sorry don't have any experience with the nerve center but Monster guts has excellent customer service and if this is any indication the nerve center should be a great product.

For controlling more then 2 events you could use one of the relay boards from simple circuts Jeff is a great guy fast service and very helpful however he only sells the boards so you'll need to put it in a box, get a power supply and there is no sound. Haunted House Boards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.