Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone has or could point me in the direction of a tutorial to connect a step pad to a battery operated prop that doesn't have one of those 'try me' buttons to connect to. I have read that it can be wired to the 'on' switch but as I'm quite the novice and have no experience of these kinds of hacks, a step by step (vids or pics included) easy to understand tutorial is necessary. Many Thanks :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for responding so soon. I'll have to get it out and take some pics of it. It's fairly basic by the looks of it and is activated by sound which isn't all that great hence why I want to add the step on plate to set it off. As soon as I can I'll post the pics. Again, many thanks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Depends on how the rest of the prop works. Also, most sound activated props use a piezo disc, just like the new Spirit step pads, so worst case you can always just relocate the sound sensor into a step pad, or possibly wire in one of the Spirit pads.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
If the prop has a switch that turns it "always on", it would be easy to just cut either the positive or negative battery wire and hook a switch mat in between the cut ends. A switch mat is just another version of a basic on/off switch. But, I'm guessing the prop would only be active as long as someone is standing on the mat.

I even made my own switch mats a few years ago using some cardboard, aluminum foil and some of that buffalo snow material.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts