Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased a FrightProp dual speed w/park wiper motor and a simple electrical relay. I had assumed the connection would be the same as my other motors yet the connection is just a bit more complicated. This motor has 5 wires as opposed to the three on my other motors.

Two (-) Fast and slow;
One (+) Power
Two for Park (yellow and black)

I'm wondering if anyone has connected one of these FrightProp motors to an electrical Relay? I've managed to make it work but do not wish to burn out the motor if I have it wrong. I think I have it wrong because of the way it goes into park. As the relay switch is powered off the motor runs backward before parking. Backward? Does that sound right?

-r

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is quite a lot of info there but I did not see anything about wiring a standard relay to their motor when I looked earlier today. I understand FrightProps suggest using only one of their picoboo controllers to control the park and speed feature but at their $49 picoboo vs a $2 relay switch I will try with the Relay switch.

r

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have successfully used nothing but relays and a hacked motion sensor to control my wiper motor. I used a 5 pin relay along side a 4 pin relay and yes the parking works. I used it for one season with a popup werewolf with no problems, plus mu PSU never entered the overpowered state to turn off. Let me know if you still need help and I will do one of my famous crappy MS paint drawings for you. EDIT: forgot to mention, I just introduced a cheap PWM controller I bought from ebay into it also.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for reaching out mister Satanspuppy. After much digging and prodding, the kind creepers over at Frightprops have helped me to unravel my raveled wiring. Not being electrically inclined, I was not able to understand the difference between NO and NC on the relays...until I read up on relays. So, my friend Vlad is now operating as intended. New motor, new relay, new mechanism. All is horrifically well once again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No problem, I completely understand were you are coming from, I had no idea my self . I actually stared at my relays for almost an hour , before the light bulb in my head went off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts