Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of using 'Congratulations' scrolls for guests when they are leaving.

First off I would print a page - back and front - with a papyrus pattern, to look like real scroll paper. Then I intend to add the following, in a font named 'Chiller'.

Congratulations

You've survived the First Annual Hallowe’en Party
Your spirits must be high
But take care not to get complacent
When we finally bid you goodbye.

The night is not yet over
And goblins still could roam
Take heed of where you wander
And never leave alone.

Safety in numbers this night
While you stumble off to bed
To dream of waking safely
Instead of waking dead.

We hope you enjoyed your night!

When it is done, I'll do some burning of the edges (as I seen in another topic on invitations - kudos for the idea that I am so blatantly stealing) and roll them up to hand out to my 'survivors' as they are going home...perhaps leaving one last good impression so they'll return again next year....

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i think it is a great idea. this gives them a pictorial memory, everytime they look at it they will remember your party. kind of a cute piece to display at halloween time. i would keep something like that and cherish it.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful idea! It would be a great way to remember your party :) Must also ask how it went? How long did it take you to make them?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Would this help you out any?

Hey there Tatiana,

Not sure if this will help you out or not, but a while back ago i bought an image from one of those stock image places of an old scroll, for a project i was doing. But if you want maybe this would help you in your scroll making endeavors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts