Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a couple of Fog machines, a Chauvet FX-700, Fog F/X 600 Watt machine, Fog F/X 1600 constant fog machine, and a Ground fogger. I plan to add 1 or two more fog machines to the mix.

I also want to control lights such as black lights.

I am building a Haunted House.

Is there a cost effective way (less than 100 ish) to control all my lights and machines from 1 computer? I have the knowledge, but I'm not sure how to signal it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haunted Garage..

Like, it sorta is a show, but theres going to be sections and places where curtains come down, I'll find that out later, but I'll fill the place up with fog, and scare the SH** out of them (actors) and then I'll have it come up and be vented out then next section and so on. I want to control it from my comptuer because of ease of use. and I want to look like I can actually do someting on the computer that is complicated. Because I can but most people don't see that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, pretty much :D

I have a solid plan, a Haunted House with Lights and a Fog Machine. I have the plans, too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well lets hear it?

We can't help you if you don't give us more information about exactly what it is you are wanting to do. If you just want to use a computer to impress your friends you might want to rethink your plans to something that is more practical.
where can you get ground fog machine and constant fog machine

·
Banned
524 Posts
The ground foggers you buy from the box stores are not very good at all and I would not waste your money on them. I would get at least a 700w fogger and build a vortex style chiller.

The continuous fog machines if using outdoors would be a waste of money especially if you have a light breeze or wind. Mostly all you will be doing is burning juice. Another reason the continuous foggers take a lot of power to run so you would need to make sure within your display you have enough power to run one as they take about 20 amps if not more to run.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi. I have a couple of Fog machines, a Chauvet FX-700, Fog F/X 600 Watt machine, Fog F/X 1600 constant fog machine, and a Ground fogger. I plan to add 1 or two more fog machines to the mix.

I also want to control lights such as black lights.

I am building a Haunted House.

Is there a cost effective way (less than 100 ish) to control all my lights and machines from 1 computer? I have the knowledge, but I'm not sure how to signal it.
Lightorama is one way and then you could get their dmx interface and run dmx lights and equipment from the likes of chauvet and american dj. or you can stick to the dmx world and get something like chauvets showexpress software and their usb to dmx adapter. Chauvet also has dmx adapters for their fog machines allowing you to controll them from software. i am sure their adapter will work on most fog machine that have the reverse comuter power plug.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts