·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the kind words. I like finding nice statuary to use for markers. They add some nice depth and interest to a graveyard scene. I'm working on two more for this year and I'll be done!

Reactions: Grey Lady

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! Those look so realistic! What are they made of? I really like the detail. Absolutely gorgeous work :)
The boxes are of various thicknesses of pink foam insulation. The statues were purchased.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your new stones look great! What is the large monument that you are building?
Here are some pics. It will stand over 5 ft. tall. I need to start sanding/aging it this week so I can get some color on it.

Other than the epitaph, it will be a duplicate of this one, which I made a few years back and sold to another haunter. I had luckily picked up a pair of the gargoyles and they are a good fit for the design.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I love that stone. I can see why you must have had regrets and chose to replace it. See..lucky for you that you had another gargoyle. This only serves to rationalize to us haunters why we should never pass up cool items and better yet buy 2. LOL

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Simply stunning stones, jdubbya!!!

Makes me say bad words that our local hardware stores do not carry any pink or blue foam; only the white beaded crap:p
Check with the big box stores like Lowes or home Depot. Ask if they can order it for you. They might be able to get some in on a shipment.

Reactions: punkineater

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Check with the big box stores like Lowes or home Depot. Ask if they can order it for you. They might be able to get some in on a shipment.
I did, and they will if I pay for an entire pallet:eek: A while back, a few other members in So. Scaryfornia gave me a few leads to pink foam in the SoCal area, but the closest was a 3 hour + round trip, with no guarantees how much would be in stock when I got there. *sigh*

1 - 20 of 29 Posts