Halloween Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
If you plan to be on the East Coast or the South for Halloween, I would suggest you pay close attention to the laws in any community that you think you might want to stay in come Halloween night. I am amazed at how many cities back east and especially in the south have curfew laws and age limits for trick or treating kids. It's insane, but some towns seem content to let it happen. There are towns where your thirteen year old is considered too old to trick or treat. We're talking towns with misdemeanor fines and jail time if kids are arrested. There are other towns that have a curfew as early as 6:00 pm. I pity the folks who spend time to create a well lighted Halloween display only to realize everyone is off the streets before it's even dark enough to enjoy it. Virginia is particularly snarky about who can trick or treat and when, but they're certainly not alone.

As much as I hate to admit it, America is becoming the country of angry geezers who don't want others to have any fun if they don't approve of said fun. We don't care if a sixteen year old kid knocks on our door asking for candy, but apparently a lot of folks do. We love having kids show up and 9:00 pm because that's when our haunt looks its best. I still wonder how so many adults forget their own childhood and decide it's just not right for kids to be out Halloween night. Regardless of the rules of the game, if you go out with your kids, they're generally protected from fines and arrest because you're with them. We encourage parents to take their kids out because we want them to have as much fun visiting us as the kids, but back east it's pretty much the only way you can ensure your kids don't wind up calling you from a neighborhood police precinct. Welcome to the United States of Buzzkill. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you and i

Thank you. If we end up at Raleigh it would be great to have the kids trick or treat with locals. They are 3 boys ages 9, 12,&13

Photos will be aplenty.
We'd be happy to have you! There are about 150 - 200 houses in our neighborhood, with literally a thousand more on connecting streets. They'd give out before the candy! When the time gets closer, if you're seriously considering, I'd involve our neighbors in making you feel welcome, and make it a true group effort! We'd love to have you. (In fact, one of my neighbors cooks out on the curb Halloween night before the kids go around, and gives out free hot dogs!) It's fun here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We'd be happy to have you! There are about 150 - 200 houses in our neighborhood, with literally a thousand more on connecting streets. They'd give out before the candy! When the time gets closer, if you're seriously considering, I'd involve our neighbors in making you feel welcome, and make it a true group effort! We'd love to have you. (In fact, one of my neighbors cooks out on the curb Halloween night before the kids go around, and gives out free hot dogs!) It's fun here.
OMG this sounds fantastic. What part of America is this. I'm getting so excited can't wait to be over there.:giggle:😁

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm pretty sure that's where we will be on Halloween. Sounds like the type of experience I want the kids to have. Thank you very much.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts