Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted, or really looked at the forums for a while. The last few years haven't been ones where I decorated at all or handed out any candy. We had to scrounge funds to be able to make costumes. My wife and I finally have jobs, so there is the possibility of doing more finally. We did various events around town, since trick or treating barely exists here, and the trunk or treats specifically to get candy. The kids seemed to have fun, which is great, but I find myself wanting to do more, to get some of the spirit back that existed when I was a kid, so I am coming out of retirement as it were.

While I haven't been decorating, I have been scrounging and building my collection of props and building materials. So next year, I plan to go bigger than ever before, and I am working out all the details, as I have a year to prepare.

I am planning on a haunted harvest carnival theme, that will have a couple games for the kids to play. Treats of course, and participating in the teal pumpkin project, as well as a little cider cart. Calling it all Gauntfield Hollow.

I have a plan, I'm more then well rested, and ready to go.

Glad to be back, and now to go through these great many pages of posts.

Reactions: Trex

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I recall your username, we joined around the same time. Great to have you back posting! And happy to hear things are going better for you. Some time away from haunting isn't always a bad thing and can give you new vitality. I like your plan for 2016 and that it will bring some of that Halloween spirit back to your neighborhood. There have been some super carnival haunts done over the last few years that you may want to check out for ideas. A lot of great parties have been done around this theme as well. As someone with a carnival in my future sometime, I'll be checking in to see where your plans go. Welcome back to the fold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts