Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has to be someway to tell them their efforts are misguided and will be fruitless.

The Ultimate Joker | “You’ve changed things, forever”

Rabid Fangirls started a petition to take to WB (producers of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) in order to get the DC comic character known as The Joker retired from film permanently.
No, not just from the Christopher Nolan Batman series, from all future batman films.

Why? To honor the memory and performance of Heath Ledger.

Ok, he did a good job, he portrayed a psychotic arch villain and played it well.
Yes, yes it's an iconic Joker that will be remembered for time to come.
But retiring the character from film for all time is going too [expletive removed] far!!!

Yes it is undoubtable that they when they reach their signature goal, go to WB or DC and get laughed at, but the fact that they are trying it is outrageous!

Just thought you all should know about it.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Thats stupid. I think the Heath was one of the best Jokers ever and his performance was just mindblowing, but to retire the role from future fill is just rediculous.

·
Resident Lunatic
1,770 Posts
There are many performers who have played the roles of famous characters exceptionally. Should we expect to remove all of these characters from film?

The Joker is renowned as Batman's greatest enemy. He may or may not return. But to consider retiring the Joker is absurd.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I liked his performance but, I think everyone is making way too much of him because, he died. He is overrunning all the award shows when there is other great performances out there also. I guess they just want to overload him with trophies now since he will not be getting any more in the future. Scratching any more Joker's is well, just a joke!

·
MASTER OF ALL I SURVEY!
100,685 Posts
:rolleyes: It will never happen! The Joker is DC Comics top villian! I seen the
Joker in the comics since I was a kid. Jack Nicolson had him down to a T!
Ledger was a pyschopath who killed everybody.....Joker isn't like that.

In a recent Batman comic book a parking attendant was afraid The Joker was
going to kill him. This what the Joker told him:

"Kid....I'm the Joker. I don't randomly kill people!
I kill people when it's funny! What would concievably
be funny about killing you?"

.....and then he gave him a $20.00 tip for parking
his car!

Rember the guy...burn candles.....put flowers on his grave......but retire the
Joker as a tribute to him?

RIDICULOUS!

Next they'll want the forum to retire our Joker too! :)

·
SuperBeast
1,641 Posts
I agree with Growler. Would his peers in Hollywood praise him this much or throw awards at him if he were still alive? NO!!! The Academy of Motion Pictures would NEVER give an award to some kid with a face full of makeup in a superhero movie. They are FAR too pretentious for that, no matter how much the public loved his performance.

I've been a fan of Heath since 'The Patriot', and I never would have thought that he could pull off a performance like the Joker so brilliantly, but to see all of Hollywood fall all over him like he was some legend is just fake to the point of nausea.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the stupidity continues...

well, Heath won the award for best supporting actor... big surprise there :rolleyes:...
(the guy who opened the envelope should have had a 5 second pause before saying who won, would have been more entertaining.)

anyhow... "The Ultimate Joke" has posted updates joyful that Heath won...and this, indescribable thing, quoted from the site:
We found many people out there saying that Heath Ledger perfomance at the TDK wasn´t good enough to win an Oscar. So we found 10 other Oscar winners who deserve it less than Heath…

Jamie Foxx, in Ray
Rusell Crowe, in Gladiator
Roberto Benigni, in Life is Beautiful
F. Murray Abraham, in Amadeus
Richard Dreyfuss, in American Graffiti
Art Cartney, in The HooneyMooners
George C. Scott, in The Flim-Flam Man
Rod Steiger, in The Loved One
Rex Harrison, in The Ghost and Mrs Muir
Sidney Poitier, in To Sir With Love
I agree with Rookie, the academy would never consider giving this award to a guy in sloppy clown make up.
If Ledger hadn't died he wouldn't have won, maybe gotten a nomination but he would not have won.

Things like this petition and the number of people throwing a fit because The Dark Knight didnt get nominated/win best pic and director, piled onto all the other stupidity surrounding the film and Joker character, ... it all just makes me ashamed i like the film and that i costumed as the Joker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts