Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several video clips that I want to combine into a longer video. The longer video will be played back in a looping video player. I'm not concerned about audio.

What's the best way to accomplish this? I've never done video editing before and this is about all I'm ever going to do so something simple to use without a ton of capabilities would be perfect. Oh yeah - free would be good too!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Depending on the format of your videos, Windows Movie Maker will do that. If you're running Windows you should already have it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can just load the video loops in to a video playback (itunes, windows media player etc). Just select "turn repeat on" and it will continue to cycle through your videos. A word of caution - be sure to turn off any sleep modes on your computer - so that it will continue running and not go in to a sleep mode.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was assuming that the OP meant they would play in a hardware media payer. Either way the MP4Joiner was super easy to use. I actually joined the same mp4 file a bunch of times as one of the media players I use puts the OSD up for a few seconds whenever the file (re)starts. This way that's only ever seen every 30 mins now. Of course it does mean the file size is x (loop qty) time larger now, but still plenty small enough to fit on a USB stick,

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Sheepdiver,
If you don't wanna do any video editing, I have Solid State Media players with special firmware that will seamlessly loop your clips as though it was one single video. No black screen or pause between clips, just put your files on an SD card or USB drive in the order you want them to play, easy peasy. PM me or email me if interested.
[email protected]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips. David is right - I'll be using a media player. I have several short clips that run from 1-3 minutes I'll be combining into a ~15 minute loop which I'll probably double or triple so the loop is 45-60 minutes. These will be playing on a PC monitor in my science lab scene.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have some really good expensive editing software that I'm lucky to have cause my Girlfriend bought it for editing school stuff. id be willing to take a look at it if you want to go that route. shouldn't take to long. but there are several video editors that should do the trick. I have a list of some free ones around some where.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts