Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Blood Moon Cemetery
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to build a fence, gate, and columns for my haunt. Any suggestions? Also, I remeber someone showing their columns as a storage unit to store things inside the columns for afterwards. Does anyone have a link to this? I've been looking everywhere. Thanks!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Big items that you can store little items in is always good in my book. What materials did you build the columns out of? Also what is the brick facing made off? I got tons of pieces of plywood / mdf left over from small projects, and this might just be the solution.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Big items that you can store little items in is always good in my book. What materials did you build the columns out of? Also what is the brick facing made off? I got tons of pieces of plywood / mdf left over from small projects, and this might just be the solution.
the brick facing is paneling I got from Lowe's.. 1 sheet made 3 posts. (I had some $10 off cards that I had to use up)

quick numbers...cut panel down to three 32" x 4' pieces, then ripped them in 1 foot section...the brick facing lines up perfectly at those lengths.

I used four 39" 2x4s on the inside to make it sturdy. Attach the panels 3 1/2" from the end and add 2x4's for trim/support to the top and bottom. I didn't screw in the top 2x4 trim, instead I screwed it to a piece of plywood that rests on those four 39" 2x4s I mentioned. Luckily I have a place to storm them so I don't have to take them apart...cuz there's a lot of screws in those things

1 - 6 of 6 Posts