Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Insanely beautiful El Diablo - I would leave them up year around.
You have a very talented friend. Keep him ! LOL !
Everything is looking great. ( although I think the goyles need a little more light on them at night. Maybe a battery operated book light shining upwards? ) But love the torches, nice effect at night !

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Those columns are outstanding!
I like the floodlights on the tombstones as well...the whole setup is done quite nicely!

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Insanely beautiful El Diablo - I would leave them up year around.
You have a very talented friend. Keep him ! LOL !
Everything is looking great. ( although I think the goyles need a little more light on them at night. Maybe a battery operated book light shining upwards? ) But love the torches, nice effect at night !
Thanks and yes we are trying to come up with some way of lighting the gargoyles that's not going to detract from them. If anyone has some suggestions please shoot them my way.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
For lighting those gargoyles, you could try LED's.
My recommendation would be a small, ultra-brite LED wired with a resistor to a 9v battery.
Two per gargoyle, perhaps mounted at the corners, casting cross lighting on them.

Cheap, non-intrusive, long lasting, easy to reposition, takes little to no space.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
These are outstanding! They look exactly like what I'm hoping to build for next year, but I doubt I can make them that nice. :rolleyes: Awesome!!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Excellent set-up, and the Gargoyles are great! Where, pray tell, did you get them?

And I'm in agreement with the others; the Gargoyles MUST BE ILLUMINATED!

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone , I said finished but we're working on get them lit. We're electronically challenged so it's taking us longer than we want. I want to thank
Ugly Joe for a generous offer. For those that asked the gargoyles are from Targets garden section , they have different ones this year. I got them 50% post Halloween . I think they were originally 89.99$ . The idea for the columns came from Raven Manor , which I found on the Monster List Of Halloween Projects. I think those are even nicer than ours ,but no gargolyes. Here is the link.
Raven Manor : Projects : Cemetery Gate & Fence

1 - 20 of 21 Posts