Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for min 3 channel color organ suggestions/experiences. I do have some electrical skills so I'm not afraid of a kit but buying an assembled one at a reasonable price sounds good too.

I've googled this but I have no idea whats good and whats not. I see some hook directly up to the speaker. so do you just make parallel connections from the speaker to the color organ? I see others have microphones but there are different kinds? which one is better?

So does anyone have any experience with 3 channel color organs? good? bad?

TIA

·
Banned
535 Posts
Well this isnt a 3 channel but i use the one from electronics123 its called audio to light modulator and it has that mini rca plug but i took that off and wired with speakers b/c my amps rca voltage wasnt high enough. Its a kit and only cost 11 bucks if i remember correctly. Again i know its not 3 channels but i have been using it for thunder and lighning for years and it works great. Hope that was some help

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i remember seeing that when i was looking for something for thunder and lightening - I got lucky and got the lightning FX box for $1.19 so I obviously jumped on it.

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Here's the one I mentioned above. I built two last year and used one for my singing pumpkins, It worked pretty well depending on the song, I found that the Addams Family worked real well, It just takes a lot of adjusting to get them to sync up, not as good as using a computer but it worked. As color organs go I would give this one good rating.

Used it this year with some background music spiced with thunder, tried the various channels and levels until I found one that worked with the thunder but not too much with the rest of the music.

Power Blaster Color Organ Kit

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the one I mentioned above. I built two last year

Power Blaster Color Organ Kit
That looks like a nice one. So is there anything else I need to buy that doesn't come in the kit? besides a box to put it in? So does it run off the 110v? The reason I ask cause it appears this one - 3-Channel IC Colour Organ with Built-In Mic and Line-In (Fully Assembled) needs a separate power supply.

I realize you may or may not know but I do appreciate you taking the time to answer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts