Halloween Forum banner

781 - 796 of 796 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #781
Your daughter is so sweet. Nice embroidery on the kitchen towels and nice mug ScareyCarrie!

I was thinking about Mark Cook's trolls. A nice back drop for them might be this old Yankee Candle Pumpkin Pals Haunted House - (apologies for the orientation, I don't have a landscape picture of it)...

View attachment 726180

I don't know what year the Pumpkin Pal collection was released - (I back collected the Haunted House on Ebay in 2014) - but I think it's about 12" tall.

Here's a link to the picture in the portrait orientation......

Love the Haunted House. I never knew Yankee had a "Pumpkin Pal" collection. I think Mark's gnomes would look great with the Haunted House. Great idea.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
My package from Mark Cook arrived on Saturday, but I'd come down with the flu so couldn't pick it up. Tonight I had to get more Deslym 12-hour Cough Control so I picked up my package too! I'll PM you a picture ScareyCarrie, Little black cat, and RavenLily of the display I build with him next week, also the thank you and mini artwork he sent. (Let me know if anyone else wants to be included on that PM).

For now, here's a picture of Yule Gnome...

Love him! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Oh my gosh, Grandma Lise!! Your Yule Gnome is just sooooo cute!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's a different type of gnome than the little 3 inch carved ones that Mark Cook also designs? Is he free-standing, or can he be used as a wall hanging? Whatever he is, adorable is at the top of the list! So happy for you to have the little (?) guy and can't wait to see your display and the thank-you note artwork that accompanied it. I think that's such a nice touch for Mark Cook to take the time to make a personalized note. I wonder if he knows he's got his own private fan club here on the Forum, haha!!

Please take good care of yourself, get lots of rest and feel better soon, Grandma Lise! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Oops, I forgot to add that I think one of Mark Cook's Trolls would look really perfect with your Haunted House, Grandma Lise! What an imaginative and creative way to display it as both the house and the trolls are quite whimsical!

Scarey Carrie, your daughter was so thoughtful to get you those cute towels and mug, she seems like a sweetheart! My younger son will often bring me back mementos from places he visits, but I'm so sentimental I just save them as keepsakes rather than use them, LOL

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #787
My package from Mark Cook arrived on Saturday, but I'd come down with the flu so couldn't pick it up. Tonight I had to get more Deslym 12-hour Cough Control so I picked up my package too! I'll PM you a picture ScareyCarrie, Little black cat, and RavenLily of the display I build with him next week, also the thank you and mini artwork he sent. (Let me know if anyone else wants to be included on that PM).

View attachment 726203

View attachment 726203

He is so darn cute. Great buy. I hope he makes more Christmas style designs. I saw a Santa with a cardinal which was so cute.........someone bought it as I no longer see it on his store. I cannot wait to see the thank you note he sent you. I will share mine with our little group (PM) too. I agree with RavenLily that he is so kind to take the time to make hand made thank you notes. He does have a fan club here on the forum.

grandma lise - I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Grandma lise - love your yule gnome, he is pretty big, yes please include me on your PM! ScareyCarrie - love your goodies from Disney, especially the mug, i use my Halloween mugs year round😉

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #790
He is so darn cute. Great buy. I hope he makes more Christmas style designs. I saw a Santa with a cardinal which was so cute.........someone bought it as I no longer see it on his store. I cannot wait to see the thank you note he sent you. I will share mine with our little group (PM) too. I agree with RavenLily that he is so kind to take the time to make hand made thank you notes. He does have a fan club here on the forum.

grandma lise - I hope you feel better soon.
Cannot wait to see your thank you notes from Mark. Please include me in your PM. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #793
ScareyCarrie - oh gosh i love it!!! Are these for pets? I do dress my cats for Christmas lol! Do you have any of the Santa boneys?
Those are actually hats and scarves for wine bottles. They fit perfectly on some Boney pieces. The twins from this year are wrapped nicely in a winter scarf too. Thanks to grandma lise I do own a Boney Santa. He will be put on display this weekend. My cats would not allow me to put anything on them. You're lucky you can with yours. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
ScareyCarrie, your Santa Boney is just too cute, and I love how you decorated the other Boney with the wine hat and scarf- he is looking very dapper, what an adorable idea!! I finally packed up all my Boneys until next year- when hubby starts giving me the side-eye, I know that's my cue to pack em up and ship em out to the garage, LOL And Little Black Cat, I'm still smiling thinking of your cats in their Christmas clothes!! Too funny!!

Well, I did want to drop in and wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, and it will be a Boney one too once all the turkey is carved right down to the Boneys! :)

p.s. Grandma Lise, if you see this, I hope you are doing well?

781 - 796 of 796 Posts