Halloween Forum banner

761 - 780 of 796 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #761
Power is on, so hopefully I can post quickly in case it's lights out again.... Scarey Carrie, I LOVE that piece, and I know others here have it too. I truly have a bad case of Boney envy, but good for all of you! Now please help me out, is that Mr. Bones or Uncle Vlad, or maybe Mr. Vlad and Uncle Bones, I don't know LOL!

Grandma Lise, my two Mark Cook wood art pieces are dated and signed on the back as 2019. I hope he creates more for our collections, and yes, you are SO right, they are even better in person (if that's possible!) and the thickness of the wood was more substantial than expected, very happy with that too! I love your Dayscare, those kids are just so darned cute!! Also, thank you for sharing your experiences with power outages, I just hope this is a temporary solution because it really does affect your quality of life when it becomes a weekly thing, not to mention $100s of $s of frozen food spoilage.

Anywho, Scarey Carrie, you are the best Boney detective for finding Mark's Etsy page, Boney Holmes has got nothing on you! Happy Halloween to you, and to all!! 🎃🎃🎃
I absolutely love how you displayed your 2 Mark Cook pieces. They look perfect where you have them. I also love your Boney display with the Yankee candle centerpiece. I have those 2 Boney "kids" from last year and I love them. I am no Boney expert by any means, but I was told that the new piece I bought is Uncle Vlad. Little black cat and grandma lise also own this piece. There have been a few recently on Ebay. I bet you will find one soon enough. :giggle:
I was fortunate to find Mark's Etsy page, and then share it with my friends here on the Forum. I am hoping that he will make more of his "Boney" inspired pieces. I know just between you, me, grandma lise and Little black cat - they will sell. He is so talented and I agree with you 100% - his boney sketched thank you notes are equally as impressive as his wooden pieces of art.

Wishing you a very Happy Halloween and I look forward to our continued forum friendship. 😺:giggle:💀

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Thank you RavenLily. So excited to hear yours are dated 2019! That leaves open the possibility there may be more. Yay!

Love your wall display and your Boney children display too. :)

ScareyCarrie your new Uncle Vlad is such a fun piece. Those older ones are scene stealers!

Tomorrow is my day off. Will head into the office to pack up my display. Each day I look at each Circus piece and am amazed by the development of theme and attention to detail, and the excellent quality of the paint jobs!

I believe this collection has been greatly under valued. But that's just me talking. We won't know for another 5 to 7 years.

I don't know who the artist is or artists are, but it's the best collection we've had since 2015. And I think it compares well to the first three years of the Boney Bunch collection. Well done!

·
Registered
288 Posts
ScareyCarrie, I'm still cracking up over "Merry Halloween"!! It looks like Pumpkin Claus has come to your neighborhood a little early this year :) It's hard to imagine there's snow anywhere while we're having gusty winds (still!), fires (still! But not in our area this time) and sunny and clear weather. It's very beautiful seeing your homes and trees dusted with snow, and that cute little ghost is just adorable!!

I also hope that Mark Cook will be inspired to create more wood art. I know for sure that between you, Grandma Lise, Little Black Cat and me we could keep him well-funded throughout his retirement years, assuming he is retired? I have no idea what his age is, but if I keep buying them at the rate of two pieces at a time, I may not make it to a retirement age once Hubby finds out, LOL! Just kidding, he actually liked the signs and thought they were very nicely made.

Grandma Lise, I really think you may be right about this year's Circus pieces. They personally didn't appeal to me too much, but seeing them put together in the way you did with your display, they really are lovely. And anything I fail to collect usually becomes quite valuable, and vice-versa, so you should have quite a valuable collection there in a few years, ha! Also, I DO love your "Put The Fun Back Into Funeral" piece too!! The Skeleton's coat is so nicely done, and what I'm so impressed with is how much detail shows up in person that you really don't see in the photos. Very nice shading and etching!!

Here's wishing all of you a VERY Happy Halloween, I too look forward to a long forum friendship with all my ghoulfriends here- you are the best group a ghoul could ask for!!🎃🎃🎃

·
Registered
329 Posts
Happy Halloween everyone!!! RavenLily - I'm soo glad the fires have moved from your area, what a relief! Your Mark Cook pieces are perfect, I'm so happy i got Ricket from him. I have another piece in my cart, I'll probably buy it sooner rather than later. I too would rather spend my money on these pieces rather than the new Boneys, they are more my style. Hope everyone posts new finds to the forum even after Halloween🎃🦇🕸

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #769
Happy Halloween everyone!!! RavenLily - I'm soo glad the fires have moved from your area, what a relief! Your Mark Cook pieces are perfect, I'm so happy i got Ricket from him. I have another piece in my cart, I'll probably buy it sooner rather than later. I too would rather spend my money on these pieces rather than the new Boneys, they are more my style. Hope everyone posts new finds to the forum even after Halloween🎃🦇🕸
I will continue to post on the forum after Halloween. I would miss my ghoulfriends too much if I didn't. I treasure our friendships. Hope everyone has a great Halloween evening.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thank you Little Black Cat! It was terrifying to experience the fire and evacuation, but so thankful to have a home to return to, unlike others in our neighborhood.

Yay! I'm glad you're going to get another Mark Cook piece!! Please share it with us when you purchase and receive it. They are so well done, I'm thrilled with the craftsmanship that goes into each one- which as we know, is NOT at all comparable to the hit or miss paint jobs of the Boney pieces, LOL

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween and look forward to sharing our new acquisitions here with our forum friends- Have a super-great day everyone!! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
RavenLily - I understand, i have had to evacuate for hurricanes and its so scary not knowing if you're ever going to come home again. I will definitely let you know when i get my next Mark Cook piece!!!
I'll look forward to seeing your next MC piece Little Black Cat!! Let's hope he'll make other Boney inspired pieces for us to admire, purchase and share. I think his little gnomes are very cute, but they're so tiny I'm not sure how they'd be displayed? Maybe as part of a Christmas Village, or maybe as a pocket pet, LOL :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #773
I'll look forward to seeing your next MC piece Little Black Cat!! Let's hope he'll make other Boney inspired pieces for us to admire, purchase and share. I think his little gnomes are very cute, but they're so tiny I'm not sure how they'd be displayed? Maybe as part of a Christmas Village, or maybe as a pocket pet, LOL :)
I didn't realize the gnomes are that small. They probably would look cute as part of a Christmas village.....OR......as you mentioned - a pocket pet. ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes, ScareyCarrie, the gnomes are very small but very well done and adorable, I just don't think personally I'd be able to use them.

Since getting my two wood art signs, I'm so taken with them that I'd like to keep them up all year. I really am entertaining the thought of using our spare bedroom and turning it into a Boney Bunch themed room and add more shelving or some sort of wall units to group and display the pieces in a meaningful way where I can enjoy them all year. And then after the rich Uncle I don't have leaves me a fortune in the will he doesn't have I can message Mark Cook on Etsy and have a special order wooden wall clock with different Boney faces to mark the hours, and skeleton arms with hands for the minutes and hour hands. I can get fabric that coordinates with the Boneys to make curtains, and bedding that also works with it all. I think that would be so neat!! Anywho, that's my dream, so please don't burst my Boney Bubble with reality, Hubby already thinks I'm losing what little cards I have left in my cranial deck, LOL!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #775
Yes, ScareyCarrie, the gnomes are very small but very well done and adorable, I just don't think personally I'd be able to use them.

Since getting my two wood art signs, I'm so taken with them that I'd like to keep them up all year. I really am entertaining the thought of using our spare bedroom and turning it into a Boney Bunch themed room and add more shelving or some sort of wall units to group and display the pieces in a meaningful way where I can enjoy them all year. And then after the rich Uncle I don't have leaves me a fortune in the will he doesn't have I can message Mark Cook on Etsy and have a special order wooden wall clock with different Boney faces to mark the hours, and skeleton arms with hands for the minutes and hour hands. I can get fabric that coordinates with the Boneys to make curtains, and bedding that also works with it all. I think that would be so neat!! Anywho, that's my dream, so please don't burst my Boney Bubble with reality, Hubby already thinks I'm losing what little cards I have left in my cranial deck, LOL!
That's an amazing Boney dream. The custom made clock is a must have and I would love to see that.....and own that too!!! A Boney Bunch room sounds very doable with a spare room. I, unfortunately, do not have a room to spare, but, if my Rich Uncle (that I do not have), leaves me millions (which he won't) I would have a house built with a large room or 2 rooms dedicated to the Boney Bunch and Halloween. I love to dream. :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #777
I didn't know they were that small either. I bet they would look great in a Christmas Village! I have one bookshelf in my spare room with all of my favorite boneys on display. That way I can enjoy them all year round but they are still tucked away in their special place!!!
[/QUOTE
That's great Little black cat - Your boneys are always there for you to look at and admire year round.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #778
Sorry for the double post Little black cat. I think its great that you can always look at and admire your Boney's year round. I plan on keeping a few out all year too.....especially the older ones I back-collected.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Your daughter is so sweet. Nice embroidery on the kitchen towels and nice mug ScareyCarrie!

I was thinking about Mark Cook's trolls. A nice back drop for them might be this old Yankee Candle Pumpkin Pals Haunted House - (apologies for the orientation, I don't have a landscape picture of it)...

I don't know what year the Pumpkin Pal collection was released - (I back collected the Haunted House on Ebay in 2014) - but I think it's about 12" tall.

Here's a link to the picture in the portrait orientation......

761 - 780 of 796 Posts