Halloween Forum banner

741 - 760 of 796 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #743
Great Daughter = Great Mom = YOU!! Love the display, Scarey Carrie!! Hope you had a very Happy Birthday from the soon to be She Dead = Me! ;)
I sure hope you will not be the soon to be "She Dead", we've become friends and I would hate to lose you. Thank you for the birthday wishes, I really appreciate it. Cannot wait to see your signs from Mark.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Just as I was leaving work, I got an email that I'd received a package. Was hoping, hoping it was from Mark L. Cook. And it was! The new piece is on the right. Background is stained gray, and shaded so you can still see the grain of the wood. Lettering is a brighter orange. Am so happy. I have more Boney children. And they're adorable!

Thanks ScareyCarrie. You made my year. ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I’m posting these from my phone and I’m pretty sure I probably didn’t do it correctly. I think my new name here will be She Brain Dead. Our power will soon be on a forced outage and my cell service is spotty without it, so I may not be back before Thursday but I did want to share these with you. Mark Cook’s work is sooooo awesome I’m more than thrilled with these. I think I might forget about buying future 2020 Boneys and collect his wood art instead. Love your items too, Grandma Lise!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I sure hope you will not be the soon to be "She Dead", we've become friends and I would hate to lose you. Thank you for the birthday wishes, I really appreciate it. Cannot wait to see your signs from Mark.
No worries, Scarey Carrie, I'm not that easily turned into a She Dead by my Hubby- I already am a Zombie as you can see from my pic, LOL! I'm glad to have your friendship here too!! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
And, yes, I did double post those pics, but I don't know how to fix it. Double D'Oh, what a dummy I am. Anywho, I hope you get an idea of just how beautiful Mark's work is. Does anyone know if these are one of a kind, or does he duplicate the pieces sometime in the future? I'm almost as excited over the hand-drawn thank you notes he enclosed with a Boney sketch. So neat!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #753
Just as I was leaving work, I got an email that I'd received a package. Was hoping, hoping it was from Mark L. Cook. And it was! The new piece is on the right. Background is stained gray, and shaded so you can still see the grain of the wood. Lettering is a brighter orange. Am so happy. I have more Boney children. And they're adorable!

Thanks ScareyCarrie. You made my year. ;)

View attachment 725185
I am so happy that I found his Etsy store, and that were were/are able to purchase his wonderful art. 🎃

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #754
And, yes, I did double post those pics, but I don't know how to fix it. Double D'Oh, what a dummy I am. Anywho, I hope you get an idea of just how beautiful Mark's work is. Does anyone know if these are one of a kind, or does he duplicate the pieces sometime in the future? I'm almost as excited over the hand-drawn thank you notes he enclosed with a Boney sketch. So neat!!
His pieces are amazing. I own 3 now, and I can definitely relate to the desire to collect more of his fantastic pieces. Little black cat and I were so excited about the hand written thank you note that Mark included when we received our first pieces too. We weren't sure if we liked the note more or the piece itself. :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #755
No worries, Scarey Carrie, I'm not that easily turned into a She Dead by my Hubby- I already am a Zombie as you can see from my pic, LOL! I'm glad to have your friendship here too!! :)
Love that you're a zombie, and love your pic. Hope you have a Happy Halloween. 🎃

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Yay RavenLily! Was hoping you'd receive yours soon! They're just so much better in person, aren't they? Each piece has exceeded my expectations. Love, love the two pieces you got!

Actually all the pieces that have been posted here. I want them too!

Are yours both dated 2018? All of mine are. Hoping he creates more. I'd like to buy a few more pieces. I've got one of his Christmas themed pieces on its way. Not sure if it's okay to post here or not though...

Hope you come through this power outage okay. I know it can be challenging. We experienced a three day outage when seven tornados came through our county in one night. Thankfully, that was when I lived in north Alabama. That's not an issue where I live now in the pacific northwest.

ScareCarrie, so glad you're a good finder!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Power is on, so hopefully I can post quickly in case it's lights out again.... Scarey Carrie, I LOVE that piece, and I know others here have it too. I truly have a bad case of Boney envy, but good for all of you! Now please help me out, is that Mr. Bones or Uncle Vlad, or maybe Mr. Vlad and Uncle Bones, I don't know LOL!

Grandma Lise, my two Mark Cook wood art pieces are dated and signed on the back as 2019. I hope he creates more for our collections, and yes, you are SO right, they are even better in person (if that's possible!) and the thickness of the wood was more substantial than expected, very happy with that too! I love your Dayscare, those kids are just so darned cute!! Also, thank you for sharing your experiences with power outages, I just hope this is a temporary solution because it really does affect your quality of life when it becomes a weekly thing, not to mention $100s of $s of frozen food spoilage.

Anywho, Scarey Carrie, you are the best Boney detective for finding Mark's Etsy page, Boney Holmes has got nothing on you! Happy Halloween to you, and to all!! 🎃🎃🎃

741 - 760 of 796 Posts