Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to build New Orleans style tombs for my front graveyard, and am struggling not to spoil my full idea too soon. But one of the parts I am stuck on is how to store this puta madre when I am done. I have a big garage with high exposed ceiling. So breaking into 5 bits seems best. But how would you suggest assembling it (at low cost)? The most basic idea I have is painting all facades and edges, then using basic glue at points to hold together, while allowing nondestructive disassembly (hopefully) with a rubber mallet...knowing the paint should fail at the glue parts, to be easily redone next year. Opinions?

The slightly more $$ idea is to glue in furring strips of wood at the seams to then hold together via latches or screwed in mini L brackets.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I put my mosleum together by setting the walls up then drilling 3 holes in each wall for bolts. Some of the walls actually only need two. My ceiling is held on by L-brackets, the dome in the top is an old plastic skylight which has enough weight to just sit on the roof.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
My Crypt/tomb is of 2" foam board. there are 2 end panels, 2 side panels and lid (of thinner foam board)
3 holes are drilled into the ends of each side panel, and corresponding holes in each end panel. the whole assembly is located and held together with dowels, making for a quick set up and strip down.
The lid is held with internal hinges of gaffer tape if I decide to have it semi-open, or located on top with dowels if displayed in the closed position i.e in windy conditions.
baron-samedi-albums-2012-props-picture168901-crypt.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts