Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently on ABC Distributing (LTD Commodities) and saw a limited time product of neopreme full face masks...the version that caught my attention was a skull face that Glowed In The Dark (was only 6.95 and reversed to all black). Anyway went back yesterday and it was totally sold out with no reorders indicated, yeah checked with Customer Service as well as a last ditch effort. Anyway, I thought if you did an outdoor haunt and liked to sit outside to see the kids approaching and hand out candy, that the neopreme masks could be a warmer way to do it and still stay in halloween mode.

Here's a link I found to a company that sells all manner of style of the masks. From skulls, to clown faces, even a King Tut. It's possible these masks will be more of fashion fade so if this sounds like a good thing for your haunt, I wouldn't wait too long to move on it. Lots of places are selling masks like this, this particular company I thought had a nice selection of various themes.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Thanks for mentioning the masks, GoS. If one does enough searching, they can be found cheaper on eBay than at that site; I wound up buying the glow spiderweb one for $9.99.

·
Registered
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you found one you liked out there. The spider web kind of reminds me of GR's Spider Lady face. I'm debating on which design/s I should pick up.

Once in a while we have a warm Halloween but more often it can be cold and our front porch faces into the wind generally. I noticed that some of the masks came with a fleece lining as well. I linked to ZanHeadgear because they were a US company and liked their purchasing policies so didn't mind giving them some exposure. Also thinking since they have been shipping wholesale and have been in the business for a while made me wonder if they might do original works. I did see websites that had other designs and some that also carried some of the ones ZH has listed. BTW ABC was selling a camo, glow skull, butterfly, and GID spider web design for $7 which I thought was a really good price especially if this was something more or less for halloween wearing.

I sure could have used one of these this past week during our bone chilling lows (23-29F) when I was trying to put out frost cloth on some of our plants. I know we're not SoCal but the prolonged hours of below freezing temps have been consecutive for a long time now for us here in the SF Bay area. Tonight should be the last below freezing night for us, hopefully for this winter. I know most of the country is getting hit with crappy weather too. Hey if you have to shovel snow and don't feel like you would wear the design side, you could reverse it to black and keep your face from the cold.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I sure could have used one of these this past week during our bone chilling lows (23-29F) when I was trying to put out frost cloth on some of our plants. I know we're not SoCal but the prolonged hours of below freezing temps have been consecutive for a long time now for us here in the SF Bay area. Tonight should be the last below freezing night for us, hopefully for this winter. I know most of the country is getting hit with crappy weather too. Hey if you have to shovel snow and don't feel like you would wear the design side, you could reverse it to black and keep your face from the cold.
Cold here, too. Not a lot of it, but I cleaned my car off yesterday to make sure that the snow and ice did not have a chance to stick, then I just stayed inside today. I am eccentric enough that I plan to wear the mask even while out walking when the weather is cold enough (should be fun seeing how many people think that I am up to no good, since I often get looks and/or am avoided to begin with:D).

The mask that I ordered is still made by the same company that you linked to, ZanHeadgear. It also reminded me a little of the Spider Lady, along with Venom, one of the (in my opinion) best Marvel Comics villains. If I like it enough, my second acquisition will probably be the Gangster Skull.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The forecast wind-chill for tonight here is --30 below zero!
I doubt if we will see anyone at the front door of The Ravens Grin waiting to buy a ticket tonight.
We ARE open almost every night of the year.
Now if anyone was in the back yard, so we would be taking a short cut around most of the frigid back yard BUT we can still show them some of the displays there at the end of the tour, I simply pop open a big hatch and we are now looking down at the backyard!
I sure am not turning on the back yard air compressor tonight! A severely cold-start might very well ruin it... they say.
There are many considerations to consider when the weather goes frigid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Gym Whourlfeld
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing