Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Celebrating my name change from Nightfisher to Oak Lane Cemetery with the unveiling of a new prop and tutorial! I had intended to sit on this one for a while, but once I got it to a functional stage and saw how well it works and looks I had to share. It's still unfinished, I have to do more posing of the skeletons, aging of the coffin, aging of the skeletons, and I'm still considering corpsing the one in the coffin, but it's complete enough to show off. Skip to the last minute of the video if you want to see the finished prop first without sitting through the entire tutorial. It's a bit long because it's actually three different builds combined into one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Celebrating my name change from Nightfisher to Oak Lane Cemetery with the unveiling of a new prop and tutorial! I had intended to sit on this one for a while, but once I got it to a functional stage and saw how well it works and looks I had to share. It's still unfinished, I have to do more posing of the skeletons, aging of the coffin, aging of the skeletons, and I'm still considering corpsing the one in the coffin, but it's complete enough to show off. Skip to the last minute of the video if you want to see the finished prop first without sitting through the entire tutorial. It's a bit long because it's actually three different builds combined into one.

Great Prop!
Can you tell me what length the drawer slider is or a part number. I would love to give this a go

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Great prop, top notch work as always! Just a thought on a bit of an upgrade to the movement, a Picovolt controlling the wiper motor would be a great addition. It could be programmed to create a bit of a staggered back-and-forth jerking motion as he's trying to pull out his buddy.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great prop, top notch work as always! Just a thought on a bit of an upgrade to the movement, a Picovolt controlling the wiper motor would be a great addition. It could be programmed to create a bit of a staggered back-and-forth jerking motion as he's trying to pull out his buddy.
I thought maybe a 3 or 4 axis skull. Have the pull cycle once then stop and have the pulling skelly look down, grumble and mumble a little, maybe do a little rabling about working himself to the bone for the old witch then shake his head and try again. Admittedly it's a bit out of my league and finances, but just a thought.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I thought maybe a 3 or 4 axis skull. Have the pull cycle once then stop and have the pulling skelly look down, grumble and mumble a little, maybe do a little rabling about working himself to the bone for the old witch then shake his head and try again. Admittedly it's a bit out of my league and finances, but just a thought.
I think a 3-Axis skull would be a bit overkill for this but have you seen the Pose-N-Stay skulls that I do? Auto jaw sync and random head turn with no programming. Here's the thread if you missed it.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/148095-custom-built-2016-costco-pirate-skull.html

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Although looking back at how you bent the neck, my turning mechanism wouldn't work. The neck needs to be straight.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,773 Posts
Finally got time to watch the video. I really enjoyed it and loved your out of the coffin idea. I am sure it will be copied by a large manufacturer soon enough.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts