Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our latest project in preparation for Halloween 2009. This is a toe pincher coffin that is based on the plans from ScareFX.

This was a cool project that came out very well. It looks very realistic.

Take a look at the side by side comparison to a cardboard coffin that was purchased for $49. The cost to build the wooden coffin was around $40.

Check out the link to the pictures below.

www.legendofthewood.com - Legend of the Wood 2009 Coffin Project

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2009 Coffin Project - Legend of the Woods

Thanks for the feedback Glass Eye.

Yeah just in time, after all it is only 334 days until Halloween...lol..

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Used the same process for a toe pincher I built for 2008, however the lid is made of weathered pallets that I got for free. Taking them apart was a pain as I wanted to preserve the length of the slats and this meant that there was a lot of nail pulling. The old nail holes added to the rustic appearance of the coffin. I'll post some pictures when I get home. The sides and bottom were made out of 1/4" plywood, painted black and really highlights the top and hides my mechanics/pnuematics inside for my pop-up skeleton.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks JohnnyAppleseed

Thanks for the feedback and I would love to see how yours turned out. Let me know when you post the pics.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
That came out great! Looks much better than the carboard one! I'm suprised it was cheaper to make though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Junit....Yeah I was surprised on the cost also. Puts into perspective how much they are making on the cardboard version...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts