Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
If your broke it may not be worth it,if you have a little spare cash it may be. I would try and get him down more , not much call for a used wooden coffin.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
If youve got money to blow then fine go ahead otherwise I would say thats a lot of money to invest on one thing. You might be able to take that money and stretch it in a better way and on more than just one thing:) Thats just my humble opinion though:)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Explain what you want it for (some heart wrenching story about TOTs) Then ask if he will take $350. I think that's fair. I work in an Antique Mall and this the way it's usually done.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Nice looking coffin, but since I've taken a 40% paycut, I personally can't see spending that kind of money right now in the current economy. I've been building old toe pincher coffins out of scrap wood crates from work for $0.00. (I've even been pulling the nails and reusing them to keep the cost down. Recycle, recycle, recycle!)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would agree that 400 is a large chunk for one prop. However I know I had close to 150 in mine and would have been lot more if the crown molding had not been priced for clearance.
I constructed it without plans so I would guess I put more than 60 hours into it. Considering that, I would have picked up some overtime (whats that) and jumped one like this without hesitation.
This one looks great and believe me it really gets the creap factor going when you cross over the line from what is seen to be just a prop to what is believed to be the real thing.

Also you get a great storage bin for props in the off season.

I would say if its as well built as it looks snag it.
Todd

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
$400...you could buy some cool tools and the wood to make one that looks just like it....and you get to keep the tools

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,078 Posts
I'm torn.

I still think $400 is too high for an item that the seller should understand has limited function and appeal - pretty much only Halloween nuts like us and the morbid are going to be interested...

but I can see that it's not a toepincher - it looks pretty good for a standard modern casket, so the work/materials probably justify the cost.

If it was me, I'd offer less, and let him know that the offer stands if they don't get any takers for the higher price... and attempt to build a toepincher myself.

But if you have the money, I wouldn't go much less on the offer... I would think with the workmanship on this, you'd technically be getting a decent trade for around the asking price.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
That is a bit expensive but the casket looks very nice. Sure you might be able to build it cheaper but you are also going to putting in alot of hard work to make one that looks as nice as that one does. By the time you get all the stuff to build it and all the time to build it, if you have the cash, i think it is a very nice casket. And you will have it from now on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
wooden pallet's go a long way and are free. IMO not woth the cost $400.00 would buy a great prop to go inside the casket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts