Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I just got back from a garage sale. I purchased a handmade toe pincher for $15!! It's roughly built, but for the price I couldn't pass it up.
Now, I need some ideas for what to do with it???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics

Here's a couple photos of the garage sale find. Like I said, it's rough, but I still love it! It's a little over 5 feet tall!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
One man's trash is another man's (woman's) pleasure!
Great deal!!
Whoa! What's with all the silver paint inside? Are you sure it wasn't used as a tanning booth? LOL

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
you got a great deal. This could be put by the front door on Halloween night to scare the @##% out of the littly kiddies.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree with Dave, the silver makes me think of a tanning bed. Set up a sign in front of it saying Zombie Tans while you Rot. Put a friend in it made up like a zombie but use self tanning lotion instead of white make-up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with Dave, the silver makes me think of a tanning bed. Set up a sign in front of it saying Zombie Tans while you Rot. Put a friend in it made up like a zombie but use self tanning lotion instead of white make-up.
I like the tanning booth idea. Instead of an actor though, put in a burnt cadaver.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still not sure what to do with this. Only the top opens up..
I will be lining the inside to cover up all that silver.

Does anyone know how I could put fog in this thing?
Should I sit it upright or lay it down?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Throw some fabric of your choice inside to cover the tin/metal. You can glue/staple it to the top edge if you need to. Take some dirt, spagnum moss and cover it to make it look old, dug up. Then fill w/whatever your imagination comes up w/. How about a nice scary dead guy? How about 1/2 prop w/the prop holding the candy dish and the kiddies have to put there hand in there to get it. Watch they like to take huge handfuls tho.

You can also put it out in the yard w/your graveyard/stones if you have any. Cover it w/stretchy cobwebs and light it w/ a red, green, blue spot light, or light it from behind to add to the shadows eerie effect.
You can always get/buy the mechanism to make a prop come flying out of it too. Or get a voice activated box that makes moaning noises and have the lid closed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's DONE!!!!

I finished the 'tanning booth' (lol) coffin today! Sooo...let's refresh, and then I'll show you the new! Her eyes have red LED lights that blink! (sorry for the glare on the coffin's finish)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ooooohhh Love it! I like the window in the toe pincher coffin very cool too. Reminds me of one of those coffins in Italy you would see down in the catacombs. I got to go there sometime, love that sort of stuff. Id have to be yanked back out of there tho would want to live there.

Love the color of the coffin, or whatever stain u used. Makes me want to use that stain on a bucky to make him look all rotted.
Are you going to put fog in there? You could get one of those little plug in foggers or some dry ice if you wanted. Very cool effect. A reg size fogger might be too much fog I think.
What about his eyes? You could put in some LED lights to add to the effect.

I got some little foggers you stick in water and then plug in a Spirit Halloween store that pops up b4 halloween. They have worked great for yrs now. Bought some thru QVC when they had a halloween sale, and had to send them all back, didnt work.
Great job and your lucky you got ur coffin for 5 bucks. What a steal!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts