Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
While it may be possible, it is not likely.

As our first contest in awhile, it may have been a bit complicated for some.

I have been told by many that they were going to enter, let's hope that they enter within the next week.

·
Registered
228 Posts
OMG, I just saw this thread (tax season just ended). My plans are still on the workbench and I am busy this weekend. WAAAAAAAA!

·
Registered
697 Posts
ok,,, just my thoughts,,, there is a --- well,, talented,, yes, talented group of long time halloween fans here and i think a coffin is to boring.., just think---- the comp. or any future comp. could draw more participation if it were a bit more creative of a build

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Suggestions are always welcome.

Any suggestions?

ok,,, just my thoughts,,, there is a --- well,, talented,, yes, talented group of long time halloween fans here and i think a coffin is to boring.., just think---- the comp. or any future comp. could draw more participation if it were a bit more creative of a build

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
First, I don't consider a coffin boring. You can be just as creative with a coffin as any other prop, depending how much time and money you want to invest.
There are propbably several reasons for lack of participation. One could be the time constraints. One month is a short time to try to build a large prop like a coffin, especially if you don't have power tools (like me). Or you've never built one before (like me).
Also a coffin takes up quite a bit of storage space, which some of us might not have. Another reason may just be lack of interest in the prize offered for winning the contest. Who knows? I'm feverishly trying to get my coffin finished and posted by the first of the week.
I'm all for as many contests as possible. I think this one is a really good one.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Dave I agree with you. This was especially fun for me cause I did not have a coffin and been trying to get one built for a couple of years now. For some reason the excitement generated on the board over this contest is what got me goin. I respect that there are a lot of hard core haunters here that have haunts way bigger than mine but at the same time there are always new people finding and joining this board and a handful of them are new to this type of decorating.

The board has to be for everybody....Zero you may find this boring but I would not attempt to enter a contest that any type of electrical or some of the harder things i see on here like circuit boards. I'm just not good with that kind of stuff. I would love to have some of things people have in their displays but even with instructions on here.....I get lost....so I would never enter a contest like that.

Thing is this board has proved home to a lot of us, some big, some small and thats the nice thing about it. We get excited when we see you guys build that big stuff so return the favor and be excited that we are are following in your footsteps!

And lastly I would like to make one more comment. As tough as times are right now in the retail world anyone who volunteers to offer one of their products as a prize in any competition is to be commended. Its very thoughtful to do that no matter what they are donating. SO I fully thank these folks for giving us something to use as a prize and incentive to win this thing.

ok....I'm done...I've said my piece (Laughing)

the Mischievious Muffy

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
Muffy well said, standing ovation. I completely agree. I also lack the electrical engineer to pull off some of the props that require motors, wiring, circuits, etc....

I am willing to try them, just going to take me 5 times longer then a lot of other members here.

With this contest I thought hey, lets try this to start and build off of it... So if any one has any ideas for upcoming contests give Larry a PM and he will add it to the list of future contests...

Also if some of the old timers in the forum, who have a lot more experience would adopt a newbie, i am sure our props would look 50 times more cooler then they do now..

Send me a PM and offer suggestions on how to make item look better, I would appreciate that kind of feedback...

21 - 40 of 71 Posts