Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The contest is ON!

Read the rules by clicking here.

The object is to build the best coffin possible.

This is the thread for general discussion about the contest.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
ITS ON! WooHoo Im excited to see what all of you INGENUIS MINDS will CREATE!!!!!!
GET BUSY! HAVE FUN! GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Yeh.....very happy to see this contest on its start. I said it once, ill say it again...yeh!!!!
WOW, plus the prize seems really awesome as well....nice to see you sponsoring the contest Rob, one lucky person will sure get some awesome stuff.
I cant wait to start seeing pics of the creations!

·
Registered
490 Posts
unfortunately i already built my one coffin for this year. but i will always be GLAD to see wht all these GREAT minds will put together. LETS GET THIS ON!!!!!!

and remember to have LOTS of FUN!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Evil eyes the only thing better than one new coffin is TWO NEW COFFINS! Plus now you know how to do it...Piece of Cake.... easy as Pie...... his and hers!

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Remember to SUBMIT THOSE ENTRIES!

(each entry should be it's own thread)

Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quick Question

I know it says newly built. No kits

How newly built is newly built? (This month, this year. within last year?)

Just curious.

Even if I am not eligible I want to show off mine. Built in October last year.
Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I'm so excited...today we went and bought all the materials to make our coffin. Thanks to this contest otherwise I think it may have taken me longer to get my builder to start this! We picked up quite a few other things too! Getting ready to put together props and also bought glue for paper mache and dry loc to make those cardboard box rocks Ghostess makes to hide her spotlights.

Also bought a bunch of spray paint & twines to work on the bottles for my "Spell & Potion" room. Gonna paint them & make labels this year. Got spray paint by the case to start the addition to the cemetery. Have all the materials on hand to make at least 4 more sections.

I guess it really sunk in when I said...."Hey its been 6 months since Halloween & we ain't done a thing!" lol

On with the building! (Pictures to follow!)

Mistress Muffy

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Looks good Evilbob, MUFFY you better get CRACKING! Shroom lets see that casket, like evilbob said, INSPIRATION!!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I wish the contest was extended to just a little later in the spring. Our weather has been so temperamental here, that any outdoor projects have yet to begin here. We actually had some flurries forecast last weekend, although all we ended up with was a good stiff frost. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Looks like you have quite the workspace there to work with Muffy.. I started to build some coffins this weekend. Not sure down your way but pine boards of that size here would be fairly pricey

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Hey Scream.....we do most of our building outside cause the garage is full of ...you know what....Halloween stuff......today we dragged everything inside cause it started to rain. We can build in the one neighbors sheds but then we have to drag a bunch of stuff over there so its easier to just work in the yard here.

Those pine boards were eleven something a piece but then when I looked at the receipt 3 of them were only $9.00 and the sku's were different from the eleven dollar ones. Should have hauled them other 5 back in and got the cheaper ones.....receipt said shelving so not sure what they are but they were in the bend with the pine boards.

the Muffster

1 - 20 of 71 Posts