Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a good majority of my time the last few months constructing a coffin bar that I wanted for my yearly party. It started with a vision that I had a few years ago and finally decided to make it a reality. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on it. We had a party on the 25th with about 60 people and it worked flawlessly. Of course we used it on Halloween night too with about 10 of us here handing out candy.

I made the base that it's mounted to so I can have the fog machine under it and store extra beer and supplies.

Fog pipes up into the coffin and is delivered inside the main area of the coffin and also comes out the eyes and mouth of the skulls on the front of it.

I have blue rope light inside that lights up when you open the lid. I also put 3 led's under the cross on the top.

The section where your head would go is for making drinks. It has 2 places for storing cups, 3 places for liquor bottles, an ice chest with a scooper and a condiment holder for lemons limes and cherries. The larger bottom ice chest is for beer and soda. I had one case of soda and a 12 pack of seagrams and 4 cases of beer in it for the big party and had room to spare.

As the ice melts there are drain holes in the ice chests and a pvc drain that goes under it and out the side.

lighting is not the best but it shows the fog pretty good.

YouTube - coffin bar

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you!! And yes the rope light with the fog is a great look. IT's not real bright but enough to look eerie

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Excelent Idea
Very good craftsmanship! Looks very professional!
Love the idea. I would use that in the summer too!

By the way what did you use for the ice bucket sections?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the compliments, I really appreciate that. It's nice to see your hard work recognized by your peers.... I am by no means professional. Actually this was my first attemp working with wood on this scale. Although the idea has been stuck in my head for a few years so I had a good idea of what I wanted. And I got a miter saw out of it.....you know "had to have it" hehehe

The ice chests are custom made. I made a pvc frame, lined it with cardboard and put three layers of fiber glass down on each side of the pvc frame so they are insulated. That is what really took the longest to get done. I had no plans drawn out at all, just went on the fly. Growler, if your out there, was working on some rocks for his spider prop and we talked a bunch about how to do the fiber glassing. After the fiber glass was down I painted them with an epoxy paint.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just came across your thread, I've never looked through this catagory before. I must say what a nice bar, excellant work.
I was wondering what the grills are for, is there some sort of refridgeration or is it cooled with ice. What did you use for the wine slots and what did you use the centre cooler for.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just came across your thread, I've never looked through this catagory before. I must say what a nice bar, excellant work.
I was wondering what the grills are for, is there some sort of refridgeration or is it cooled with ice. What did you use for the wine slots and what did you use the centre cooler for.

First off thank you..

on the left side is the are for the liquor bottles and glasses. Next to those is the first smaller ice chest that holds the ice just for the drinks. There is a place mat for your glasses in front of that ice chest. Just to the left is a condiment holder, Limes, cherries and lemon slices. The big ice chest on the right held 4-5 cases of beer and plenty of ice to cool it down. I built in a drain system under it to empty the water from the ice chests.

To hold the liqour, or wine, bottles I found some 10 in tall containers at a place called The Container Store. I added spacers to the top of them and screwed them into place.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'll PM you my address, for delivery.

Very nice work!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just pay shipping and handling....about 250.00 shipping and 2000.00 handling...LOL

Thank you everyone for the compliments.

·
Registered
448 Posts
bar

That is just too cool! Now I have to make one damn you!
Ditto!! Just ANOTHER thing to add to my list!! Geeze, thanks alot! LOL

Thanks for sharing one awesome coffin!

-Doc

1 - 20 of 26 Posts