Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Devilishly Dutch
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I promised Oldsman and a few others pics of our progress on the coffin bar.
I've loved this prop since Oldsman posted it last halloween and knew I had to have one for our party! While I slaved away this weekend at work, hubby made quite a bit of progress. Here are a few pics:

Meeps

Typical Ghoul Next Door
oooooh, that's looking good already! :D

I loved Oldsman's version too, just not enough skillz to put one together. :eek:

The Hobo Spider Assassin
That's looking good Meeps, and theres a nice shot of your thumb as an added bonus! Following closely, sure may want to do one of these in the off season, maybe combine your take and Oldsman's!

Devilishly Dutch
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh sorry sorry sorry, it should be OLDSGUY and not oldsman!
Geesh I hope he continues to assist after that blunder lol

And thanks guys :)

Blaberus craniifer
Looks like hubby can get a lot of work done when you're not around nagging him...... :p lol...... Just kidding. Tell the hubby the bar is looking great!

Devilishly Dutch
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JA- its HIS thumb and not mine :D
Pod- He would have actually gotten MORE done if I were home keeping the coffee flowing and preventing him from taking a nap lol

He added the trim molding today and trimmed down and fastened the pvc pipes to the panel. Can't wait to start painting it! That's when I get to join in!

Meeps

Blaberus craniifer
Pod- He would have actually gotten MORE done if I were home keeping the coffee flowing and preventing him from taking a nap lol

....Can't wait to start painting it! That's when I get to join in!
He wasn't napping, he was lying down in the coffin in order to size it properly to human scale.

And once you have it all painted and fully stocked, the rest of us with join in. :D

Girl Gone Mad
Awesome idea! And it's already looking great! Ditto to Pod's comment. He was just trying it out to make sure it was sturdy enough...lol

Devilishly Dutch
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Measuring it for size and checking if its sturdy enough? haha Got to keep hubby from reading this thread for sure! He's got enough excuses to nap as it is :)

lowdwnrob: The one that Oldsguy made has a cooler. He has a tutortial on his in the tutorial section. Its cold here in october and we keep our beer and other drinks outside, so we skipped that step. His also has an area for condiments for mixed drinks. Ours wont have either since we just stick to beer, wine and soft drinks. Of course we post pics with demensions :)

MsM

Devilishly Dutch
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE:

The coffin bar is closer to completion. We aged it today. Its the first time I've tried aging with wood and I have to say I'm quite proud of the results! I searched the forum for weathering techniques and have to say that you people are really quite aggressive lol Lots of suggestions for beating it! We tried the tea staining, acetone thing with the steel wool and vinegar but liked the black wash results the best. Here's a pic so far. We still have one other coffin to make and age so any suggestions for tips for better weathering are greatly appreciated.

Hopefully the next pic will have fog, blue lighting and BEER!

MsM

The Hobo Spider Assassin
Very nice Meeps, like the look of the black wash! Let's get it lit and beveraged already!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts