Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to DIY cob web spinned using a drill and tin can etc and it didn't work as expected. I have seen multiple versions. What works the best?

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
A hot glue gun with an airline attached works very well for many of us as a web shooter. When I first thought about making one I looked at those web spinner plans using rubber cement and it all looked like a hugely messy way to make webs vs the glue gun.

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
I tried to DIY cob web spinned using a drill and tin can etc and it didn't work as expected. I have seen multiple versions. What works the best?

What did you put in the can?

I can't recall the ratio off the top of my head, but you need to thin rubber cement with paint thinner to get it to spray properly. All brands of thinner were NOT created equal. If you can watch, if nothing is coming out, you need more thinner. If it's coming out but breaking, you need more rubber cement.

Also make sure the holes in the can are not clogged. Also, some cordless drills aren't high speed enough, so make sure you got a good, fast one.

So, spinners are pretty touchy and a lot of people got the hotglue route.

Now, those can be pricey to buy in, leading you to believe you need compressors and pricey tools....but they don't have to be.

This is hard to beat for simplicity.

THAT SAID...

I prefer the look of webs a spinner puts out.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
This is hard to beat for simplicity.
That is a GREAT idea to eliminate the compressor! If it consistently works that is. I love my home made web shooter, but the air compressor is a PITA to deal with sometimes. A more portable version like that would also work well for quick touch ups. I'm thinking it's not going to throw the web as far though. Gonna have to make one and see how it does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts